So, when is Mercy’s ULT gonna say Heroes Never die?

So, on the PTR it Mercy says “Heroes never die!” Any ideas for when this is released? Also I like the idea of this, it is great! It just doesn’t fit into valk that well. Any ways hope you have a wonderful uprising.

-Hero2213

Maybe it is only for the Uprising game mode.

I don’t think so, but who knows. I hope it will stay though :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have source for this right now, but everything currently on PTR should go live later today, as far as i’m aware.

OK, thanks. :slight_smile:

I’ll be very sad when it finally hits live servers. It doesn’t fit Valk at all and I’ll miss the little “we still need you” when rezzing someone.
I really hope Winged Victory Mercy will say “onwards to victory”. I will just keep that skin equipped then, because it fits more for Valk than “heroes never die”.

1 Like

I think they confirmed that “we still need you” is going to stay as a resurrect voice line. I’ll edit this reply if i find link to it.

Edit: Bring back “Heroes Never Die!” - #228 by mchu

1 Like

acually i think it will come with retribution as same lucio portugese and zen new ult voice line for the winter skin

Heroes Never Die, sigh I really miss that Ult Line.

Everything on PTR is coming out today most likely.

Thanks for the info! I played a handful of matches as Mercy on the PTR and I could’ve sworn I didn’t hear it, but I’m glad those voicelines are staying at least!

1 Like

I still think that voiceline makes Mercy a liar with her current ult… Heroes certainly die even when Mercy is using her current ult… Either that or Mercy is insulting her team by inferring they are not heroes…

At least the mass-rez reflected the voiceline… “Heroes never die” does not fit with Valkyrie anymore…

1 Like

I never understood this. Theoretically, her ultimate provides more healing so her teammates would “never die.” Does that not fit?

1 Like

Pfff, use the Valkyrie skin! She says “Til Valhalla” which makes a lot of sense seeing as people who get to go there are dead… :rofl:

That’s true, though it would fit better if she would provide transcendence style of healing. People can and will still die while you heal them in Valk (since you only heal 60hp/s), that’s why I see it as unfitting.
I liked the “gemeinsam kämpfen wir” (we fight together) very fitting because she helps her team push and fight better. Maybe “I will watch over you” wasn’t the right voiceline for Valk, they could’ve come up with something cool though. IMO, it’s a preference thing I guess…

I like her German voice line more. I think she says “We fight together!” Or something like that. If they translated that to English, it would sound 100% better than the cheesy “I will watch over you!”

Hpefully when alk gets reworked to actually be worthy of that line

I really loved Mercy’s Witch “Heroes never die, for a price.”
I always had this skin on because it was my favorite and missed the opportunity to unlock Winged Victory back in the Summer Games last year.