So, when Bastion is inventively reworked

…you guys reckon they’ll make tank mode his ‘E’ ability and give him a completely new ult? You know, since that’s what Blizzard has been doing in every rework so far.

Also, how would you feel about that? Obviously tank mode would have to be nerfed and tweaked somewhat, but I guess being able to switch between 3 completely different modes would be pretty neat.

3 Likes

I do like the idea of a tank mode being on E. I think it better suits his kit to have his two abilities revolve around different configurations, and the skill comes from cycling through them at the appropriate time. Some of the capabilities he gets in tank form such as his boosted jumping lets him get to some more unique spots, too.

I’ve been a fan of the proposal to make his ult some form of “overclock” which could do various things such as deploy/reconfigure more quickly, extra damage, damage resistance, faster healing, etc.

6 Likes

No, I think a tank mode as a regular ability would be either hilariously overpowered or so nerfed it would feel sad and underwhelming. I think he’ll get something different.

#BringBackTheShield :slight_smile:

I think an interesting idea would be making turret mode not completely immobile, just very slow.

Or he could have a flight form.

Both these ideas and others are detailed here:

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see, that’s for sure. While I miss Sym 2.0 I really enjoy Sym 3.0 and I’m really looking forward to getting to play Torb 2.0.

1 Like

There’s already characters in game that deal explosive damage without being overwhelming or underwhelming. Dunno why bastion would be any different.

I’d love to see this happen. Honestly, I’m sure most people would disagree with me but I’d like to see some version of his tank form be his shift ability, and his old turret form brought back as his ultimate. It’s always felt like a powerful but situational ult, so why not embrace that? As long as it’s a normal ability devs will have to keep him at Mercy levels of usefulness to avoid him driving people crazy.

1 Like

A flurry of land-to-air missiles would be nice to help clear the “friendly” skies. Missiles that might seek out airborne targets and do damage + disorientate them. Balanced in damage so that a near-constant stream could be deployed.

I guess he could go from recon mode’s diet S76 to basically a rolling Pharah. That’s not really OP, although I’m not sure it would be especially useful.

Just because it’s explosives doesn’t really mean it would have to feel like pharah, and currently I don’t believe he does. His projectiles move a lot faster and he trades her mobility for some armor and versatility. Sounds useful to me

This has actually been an idea since before Mercy 2.0… I don’t remember a name, but someone on the old forums suggested it.

Here’s my take on it, though there are many others (like Astro’s linked above).

Tank on E
  • General changes
    • Being stunned during a transformation now instantly completes the transformation
  • Configuration Recon
    • Reload time reduced to 1.5 seconds (Formerly 2 seconds)
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Headshots added
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches a maximum of 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Ammo reduced to 250
    • Reload time increased to 2.5 seconds (Formerly 2 seconds)
  • Configuration Tank (E Ability)
    • Damage reduced to 120 (Formerly 205)
      • Splash damage now ranges from 40 - 85 damage (Formerly 70 - 145)
    • Splash radius reduced to 2 meters (Formerly 4 meters)
    • Tank tread sounds reduced
    • 3 shots per clip
    • Ammo reloads over time similar to Doomfist’s gun
      • Shot timer and reload timer are independent, meaning he can reload shots even while shooting. This gives an effective 5 shots to begin with, and then one shot every 2 seconds afterwards.
    • Ammo reloads at 1 shell per 2 seconds
    • No self damage
    • Transformation time reduced to 1 second (Formerly 1.5 seconds)
  • Ironclad (Passive)
    • Persistent Ironclad is removed from all modes (Sentry and Tank)
    • Ironclad is now bound to Self-repair
    • Ironclad can now be activated even in Recon mode
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it does not heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Applies 25% Ironclad for duration of repair
  • Overclock (Ultimate Ability)
    • Adds 150 armor to all forms
      • Alternatively, gives passive 35% Ironclad in Sentry/Tank, and 20% Ironclad in Recon. These are not bound to repair, they are passive.
    • Instantly reloads all ammo for all forms
    • Reduces transformation time by half
    • Lasts 8 seconds
  • Overclock (Recon mode)
    • Increases movement by 18% (From 5.5 m/s to 6.5 m/s)
    • Increases rate of fire by 50% (From 8 r/s to 12 r/s)
    • Reduce reload speed by 50% (From 1.5 s to 1 s)
  • Overclock (Sentry mode)
    • Grants CC immunity
    • Increases rate of fire by 16% to (From 30 r/s to 35 r/s)
  • Overclock (Tank mode)
    • Recharge rate decreased to 1 second (Normally 2 seconds)
    • Increase direct hit damage to 205
    • Reverts splash damage and radius to their current values

Here’s some more information on mine if you’re interested. That thread also has some balance nerf ideas in case that is a little strong. Looking back at it, it does seem like it might be a bit much, but better to start off a little strong I suppose… as long as they balance him on the PTR this time, and they don’t release him super OP again…

Fighter/bomber/Apache helicoptor Bastion ftw!

2 Likes

He’s perfect and in my opinion currently even a bit too strong, he doesn’t need a rework.

I wish I could share your opinion. :tired_face: