So what's the excuse for Archives Being so Mediocre?

Wasnt the reason given for why almost all of the events last year being lack luster and devoid of new content because they were focusing on new game related content and that Archives would be the big ticket event with new content?

…yet Storm Rising is arguably the SHORTEST of the Archives missions, reuses all of the enemy units from last year without adding new ones or even a BOSS, and brings nothing new to the event.

…so what’s the excuse this time for why new content and lore is nonexistent Blizz?

Getting kinda tired of giving this company the benefit of the doubt just to see them spit in our faces.

315 Likes

I think their excuse is that they put more time into animation. Still disappointed though. :\

GUYS, I’m not defending them. I’m just answering OP’s question. I’m not happy with the event at all.

52 Likes

Honestly, I’m thinking Blizz is burned out.

72 Likes

What is this, a game or netflix? I want to play, not watch half of the mission.

133 Likes

Same, man! I’m beyond disappointed. But, I’m thinking that’s what their “excuse” is. That or OWL. I don’t know anymore. I’m done getting hyped for events. I’m just going to play comp twice a week and look for some new games to dedicate my time to.

26 Likes

That’s a lame excuse, considering animators and game designers are literally different people.

32 Likes

I was actually bored playing it for the first time. Not gonna play it anymore. Uprising is still the best one. And the intro is way, way too long, it’s not worth waiting few minutes for this.

42 Likes

We were told new cinematics and comics would be coming this year. 4 months in and the LORE Event is incredibly short…

80 Likes

Watch what you say on the forums about the new event. The Blizz Bootlickers are out in full force right now.

93 Likes

Oml when the mission ended my team (keep in mind non of us know each other so just random people) went “is that it?” On voice chat when we finished the mission. I’ve never been so disappointed.

112 Likes

yeah, I know.

3 Likes

As I recall, it was stated Archives was going to be the only new event. The big secret things that they are working on that they said would wow us, have not been announced yet.

16 Likes

Oh yeah, so HOW MANY MONTHS in are we since they said they were working on those “secret things?”

61 Likes

When I first played it everyone in my team said “is that it?” and I was like no a boss fight or something has to be coming, it feels like it… but that was really it…

If anyone defends this event they are a big liar… You might as well just wait for someone to upload the cutscenes to Youtube and play last year’s archive event as it’s the same enemies…

70 Likes

They had the option of investing time into developing interesting events in a world that people have fallen in love with to drive lootbox sales or they could invest time into an Esport that not many seem overly interested in.

I guess if the Esport is gonna make them more money then go for it but I don’t see how its gonna be successful if the average Joe loses interest in the game.

28 Likes

It is a shame, I mean I like OWL but that’s no excuse to let the game stagnate like this.

18 Likes

So they cant even realise comics because of 3d modeling?
What they stop paing 2d artist at all or what…

6 Likes

Nah, man. I’m not defending them. I’m mega disappointed, and I’m going to semi-quit. A few comp games a week and that’s it. :\

4 Likes

Yea, im gona do my lootboxes for this week, and placement matches and im gone too propably :neutral_face:
But since realise of who is part of event, and what part of lore this gone be, i was not expecting too much from them.

6 Likes

People will give any excuse to defend it.

What about the comic, did they just not feel like making one XD

34 Likes