So, what does the forum agree on?

Yes, he got pushed to 3rd most picked DPS, rather than top 2.

Totally, and blizzard gave us what we were asking for… Both barrels, to the face.

Yes she was a problem, but like not THE problem if that makes sense.

The argument is basically not that brig wasn’t a problem because she was, but that brig was the only solution left to another problem, so she wasn’t THE problem.

1 Like

Most of the people I saw defending her launch were PSN players, where she was legitimately not a big deal. Like I think people forget that her problems were not as widespread as like Moth Mercy or Sigma.

She was a bit overtuned for us too but not to the extent as PC because of Pharmercy

Not really though… They are playing using their natural skills and that is not cheating… It’s not the Smurf’s fault that other people are bad at the game… And do not have the same freedom to play in the ranks they wish to play in… a smurf has earned the privilege of playing in which ever rank he pleases… By being good at the game…

True, but it TOTALLY is their fault for throwing down to wreck the newbies.

It shows a total lack of empathy, and a willingness to cheat at the game.

I see them on the same level as people who run aim bots / wall hacks, etc.

They are in gaming the lowest of the low.

That is like saying an aimbotter has earned the privilege of using an aimbot because they can afford it.

They are the scum of the earth.

If wrecking peoples games are the way a person has fun, they are right up there with people who key peoples cars just because they won’t get caught.

1 Like

Thing is though how do you define throwing… I would see “soft” throwing as being acceptable, for instance playing characters that you would not normally play or are not good at to practice them… Or playing more chilled, less tryhard… Both of those things would put you into a lower rank… Now if at any point you decided to actually go onto your better character in A game then you would be classified as smurfing… Or if you decided to try more hard… People should absolutely have the freedom to do these things in my opinion… And it is a privilege they have earned…In a competitive game like overwatch people who complain about Smurfs Are actually the people who are not really competitive… Because if they actually were then going up against better players should not phase them…

Exactly how?

The same way as aimbotters have earned it?

The same way as people who wreck peoples stuff has earned it?

EXACTLY what have they done which wrecking peoples games for the lols is earned?

Don’t for a moment think that people don’t see you are total scum for this.

1 Like

They’ve earned it by practising and getting good at the game… Dedicating time and effort in most cases… Unless they just happened to be naturally skilled and extremely good at the game from the get go which is quite rare…

So someone keying your car earned it by looking out for cameras?

So people who break into people houses and wreck stuff earned it by not being caught?

All the practice in the world doesn’t make you not a scummy person by doing this.

You don’t earn the right to be awful to random people for the lols. It just means you are an awful person.

All the martials arts practice in the world doesn’t give you the right to go around randomly tipping over people in wheelchairs.

1 Like

I have literally seen arguments against EVERYTHING ever discussed on this forum. It always surprises me and it shouldn’t… but people will take contrary positions JUST to be jerks sometimes…

1 Like

The way overwatch is made it is simply impossible to be good at every single hero to the same level… Making alternative accounts and playing poorer heroes is absolutely a legitimate reason…The “awful” part comes into play when that person decided to switch to one of their better heroes… And that is the bit that I suppose we disagree on…? I feel thatYes they have every right to switch to the better hero whenever they want to as they have earned their skills on that hero…

THAT is different from the attitude of “a smurf has earned the privilege of playing in which ever rank he pleases…”

Doing it so they CAN wreck people is the awful thing.

It is the intent. The moment you are soft throwing so you can wrecking people because you can, is when you are basically filth.

1 Like

But smurfing is literally that but then swapping to your better hero…At any point… Sorry but this is a competitive game… There is nothing Awful about using one’s skills in a competitive setting to stomp on other people… When that is the entire fun of Competing… Players deserve to feel and experience being better than others…This has been a part of games in the decades past… I have been playing first person shooters for 20 years… Nobody would complain before about someone being more skills than them… This is a new thing that came along because of matchmakers… Matchmakers have made people soft… Unable to stand being beaten…

You miss the point that the attitude of

Means that hard throwing down to wreck new players is fine in their eyes.
It is NOT a privilege they have earnt, because you can’t earn that privilege.
Wrecking people games just because you can makes you a terrible person.

The moment that someone feels like they have the privilege to ruin peoples lives, they are awful people.

Matchmakers predate computer games by a VERY VERY long time.

Go to a martials arts tourney and fake being lower rank so you can stomp on the newbies, see how long it is before you are thrown out.

People who do that are basically shunned by the community as being unredeemable.

Matchmakers are there to make for fair games, some people just don’t want fairness, they want to be bullies, to stomp on people because they are the worst humanity has.

1 Like

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about it making someone “a terrible” person… I just don’t see this as being a moral thing or an issue at all… If you go into a competitive setting then stomping other people is just part of it…Using your own talents of course and not Breaking the rules of the game… Which “soft” throwing does not break the rules of the game in my opinion… In fact it even states that you are allowed to play any hero you please… Even if you are not good at that hero…

That is the problem. You COMPLETELY lack the empathy required to understand why it is an awful thing.

They SHOULDN’T HAVE to put rules in to stop throwing because you would hope people wouldn’t need to be told, but, some people can’t work out what it takes to be a decent person.

If you can’t understand why wrecking peoples games isn’t an issue.

1 Like

What’s your opinion on soft throwing then?…

If they are doing it so they can wreck people by switch to their main, they are terrible people.

If they are learning a new hero, then it isn’t soft throwing, you are doing the best you can, on something new.

The moment you do it SO you can have easier games where you dominate the enemy, then you are doing it for awful reasons.

Thing Is there is never really a Clear distinction as far as intent for most players I would imagine when it comes to intending to swap to want to one’s better hero… There are just some matches that are so incredibly frustrating That one can end up swapping to their better hero without having intended to do so before hand…

Right, but the player knows why they are there right? THEY know why they are at a lower rank then they would be on their main.

If they think it is because they have earned the right to stomp on people, then they have a serious problem.

To give you an example of this season in open Q I am trying to focus on my Reinhardt and wrecking ball gameplay… Now I will be the 1st to admit that I am not as good on those two heroes as my doom fist … But there will be some games where I just feel like swapping over to the fist… And unleashing carnage…So do I do it…? You bet I do… And yes I do end up stomping those games… But I feel I have every right to swap to a hero which I have spent time practising and have become good at…