So what can we expect from the next PTR?

Literally not hard if you have a team to work with you, especially easy on defence as well where the enemy come to you.

“JuSt Go RaNgEd AnD sHoOt HiM” is just getting annoying at this point, as is “WoRk As A tEaM”. He needs a fraction of the teamwork to make him work as it does to counter him, and he doesn’t have to be successful at getting in there every single time - just twice a match is enough, which means your ranged have to get it right every single time; which isn’t reasonable.

‘Get better and climb’ is another equally as stupid remark, as you climb you just face better Reapers, and better teams at working with him.

He might be worthless above Diamond, but that only means his buff was a failure and he needs something else, not a thing that makes him a noob stomper that ruins the game for the overwhelming majority of players.

1 Like

If they nerfed Reaper than they better buff or rework his kit. Other than that I believe we’ll be getting the armor penetration mechanic and hero 30.

1 Like

Symmetry

• photon projector starts at 90/160/195
  • beam range is now 18 m from 12 m
  • turrets removed
  • Orbs now pierce barrier and enemies and travels faster, size reduced to medium charge orb
  • tp range increase from 25 m to 35 m with faster deployment and infinite unless destroyed via interact key.
  • tp destroys railings
  • photon barrier duration increased from 15 sec to 30 seconds
  • hitting barriers will gain additional shield health overtime, 75 shield max

Snipers are very popular with only one in other team he got more trouble than you think.

Sniper has to land an actual headshot every time. Body shots won’t be enough because he heals so much. You can’t rely on that.

idk what all will be in it but i’ll take a guess and say they will put in the changes for beam weapons ignoring armor damage reduction. So Zarya,Winston, Sym etc will be stronger on armor targets rip tanks T-T. But the dev where talking about it soooo yeah.

What should happen:

1. Orisa Buffs to Fortify/Halt/ Reload time
  2. Buffs to GOATS counters; Pharah, Junkrat, Mei, Doomfist, Symmetra and Torb.
  3. Nerfs to Reapers lifesteal back to 35-40% and buff his tp
  4. FtH reverted back
  5. Mercy buffs, because if you want more DPS, you need heroes to be enabled by supports who can enable DPS.
  6. Brigitte rework.
  7. Sombra visual changes to hack; sugar skull on hacked targets.

What probably would happen:

1. Brig & Dva nerfs
  2. Nerfs to Zarya/ Lucio/ Rein
  3. OWL UI changes
  4. Tickrate against armor (devs confirmed doings this about a month ago,

I’d like to address these ones because I found them quite interesting. I’d be curious to see why you think these address a need.

I can see this being far too oppressive. As far as I view it, halt is a skillshot currently where the followup value is either in coordinating with a teammate or punishing someone far too close to an edge. Adding 2m radius to this would pretty much guarantee environmental kills and would make the CC somewhat unbearable for vertical and horizontal pulls.

For Orisa, I’d prefer to see a 20% speed boost on Fortify and potentially a 50-100hp increase in base normal health to really enable a more tanky playstyle and the ability to engage more with Fortify instead of just using it as a reactive defensive ability.

Sombra is already quite hard to hit and should rely more on stealthy engagement and her translocator for mobility instead of increased base movement speed. The hack timer is a good QoL idea however.

This seems a bit overkill. If anything he needs something to help hold a position. He’d be a great character to add a slowing utility grenade to (like an AoE area denial grenade sort of like Ana’s bio-nade but with a lingering slow effect.

The TP entry is quite buggy and unreliable, but 2m sounds like a lot. I’d like to see this fixed. Also, I’d really like to see her primary fire adjusted to give real shield break. Given how it refills her Ammo, it seems odd that she’s one of the least effective shield break DPS.

This sounds like a really cool idea, but the deadeye sounds terrifying! Something like a 100% damage increase on headshots rather than all bodyshots being crits is a bit more fair, as no ability should be a guaranteed oneshot. Not to mention this would make FtH utterly broken beyond belief!

Roll having invincibility frames is a great idea though.

Totally cool idea. There’s a lot to explore in this idea, but having total vision obscurity for a team and not for another is potentially problematic from a balance standpoint, so a partial obscurity for both teams but some kind of infra sight effect for the Reaper might be a better way to handle it? Some way to cleanse the effect would have to be put into the game though.

Seems somewhat reasonable. Zarya just combos so well with the predominant meta at the moment that she’ll probably seem reasonable after. To be honest, I want to see the grav movement ability lockout changes reversed. Grav is too much of a guaranteed teamwipe with little counterplay outside of Genji deflect and D.Va eat. It should be escapable, then the value of the ult could be looked at in respect to it’s charge rate. Either way, CC needs to be taken care of and it’s value reduced overall.

This is exactly the reason I don’t understand the lifesteal change. Reaper was already a noobstomp character. Now he’s a guaranteed Bronzewiper. The changes definitely need to be reverted or brought back as close to 30% as possible.

Reaper needs useful utility and clever play possibilities, not a facetanking playstyle.

I think it also begs the question.

Was Reaper’s sustainability against tanks ever a problem after his passive got reworked? Like, I think his sustainability got fixed once it got reworked but other parts of his kit was still a problem; his RNG bullet, wraith and etc. But those have been fixed already.

I rarely play Reaper, but on the off chance I did, fighting against tanks werent a problem, the only problem I had with his kit was more or less his tp, because its kind of slow.

I would have thought that a slight increase on his rate of fire and decrease on TP speed (aside from the targeting bugs) would be the best way to buff Reaper to see if it solved his issues. The 50% lifesteal just seemed like a brainless buff based on nothing other than trying to make him unkillable.

It honestly felt like a lazy slap and hamfisted mainly because the timing was too coincidental along with other changes on the same patch. I mean, a month before OWL and nerfs to armor all basically point to it being a way to counter GOATs. Except it didnt and failed.

Blizz has always had a bad track record by giving uncesesarry buffs to heroes who dont even need it like that 100hp buff to D.va or Mccree’s FtH buff, but this one is worse because it didnt even address his issues.

All in all, the buff was probably a lazy way to counter GOATS, but it didnt.

I’d like to see:
-Sombra QoL changes
-Doomfist buffs
-Reaper life steal nerf to 40% but rework/buff to Shadow Step
-Moira buffs
-Wrecking Ball ammo increase/reload decrease
-Orisa buffs
-New hero

I’m not expecting much of anything. I’ve given up on Blizzard pushing out new exciting content.

Moar horribly thought out nerfs for GOATs which will make the game even worse for anyone below GM.

1 Like

I am afraid you are probably right. Let’s hope that won’t be the case.

Possibly? Not sure. Probably not.

I wish. Extra 100 health would be welcomed. But Fortify deny headshots would be nice too. Also #LetUsMountOrisa.

It wasn’t half of year yet. More patience. /s

“We think they are in good place.”

To THICC weapons :smiley:

I will see myself out.

Seriously I suspect more changes aimed to kill Goats. So buff for beam heroes to do more damage agnist Armor. Repair pack nerf - gives only extra 25 armor. And of course Hero 30.

Reaper doesnt really have a skill ceiling. Reapers in plat barely change from reapers in gold. In low ranks he feeds of people not understanding how to deal with him. The higher you climb the more you reach the natural limit for Reaper.
What Reaper needs is a rebalancing which gives him a skill ceiling and makes him more useful in higher ranks without destoying lower ones.

Symm buffs hopefully

Hopefully Hero 30 will have some anti heal ability that can’t be eaten by Dva’s defensive matrix. It doesn’t have to be full on no healing at all for a set period of time like Ana’s anti nade, but it could be a percentage or tick per second reduction that prevents the Goats comp from sustaining itself.

Also it would be cool if Reaper’s primary fire had some sort of anti heal effect like it’s been shown to have in the lore.

Basically the only way to destroy the Goats meta at this point without also destroying existing heroes is to add more anti heal abilities to the game, specifically ones that can’t just be negated by Defensive Matrix easily.

The damn Mei bugfixes that seems to be more vaporware than Half Life 3