So we are really having to wait a month for this new patch?

Doing this doubles costs and certification time for the console patches and it’s very likely blizzard isn’t willing to spend more money and run through the process twice instead of mushing them together to save cycle time and console certification of their patches?

If they owned the consoles it’d be different, but this is basically through 3 other large companies software distribution systems who will NOT just passthrough downloads to their users machines. It needs to run through their verification process first and that’s also probably not free.

Also if you’re thinking of releasing all the data at once they also likely have concerns about datamining. While there are a lot of people who don’t care about how “surprising” the skins are, or other leaks… Blizzard seems to care a lot and does their damndest not to have information released early.

1 Like

Why would that be the case? they won’t be releasing 2 different patches, just scheduling the event to activate on december 10th just like they do all the time with Overwatch league special skins. They just suddently drop on the menu screen without any patch or anything and then you can buy them.

2 Likes

See also the datamining concern.

My bad i was studying and got distracted with something on forums so i had to read quick lol

1 Like

I also edited that in so I figured it might not have updated. O.ob

I’m not saying they’re both great reasons either… but I can see the reasoning.

Yeah i understand. I just want that patch asap cause Orisa jail made me stop playing as tank for a while.

I’d honestly rather have more updates than none.

1 Like

It’s always THREE weeks wait time for a PTR patch to go live. This isn’t anything new. Meanwhile, HotS brings a PTR patch to live always in a week and often has a lot of changes in the live version.

Cause making two balance patches means work.

You do know they are, right? Well, “new” is relative here, but new Winter skins.

The “standard” is 3 weeks, not 2.

For the balance changes no, not unless they involve changes to the animations and effects or add a new ability or something. Assuming they have those values only calculated server side or could patch a single client side ruleset file or something which who knows their exact implementation of their net code and such.

But remember this patch also contains workshop updates, the “while you wait” feature, and multiple bug fixes too some of which do impact balance slightly like the Roadhog fix. Those definitely require client side code changes.

I don’t blame Blizzard for not releasing last week during Thanksgiving. But it would have been nice if they released this week and just extended the winter wonderland event. Now, if they don’t release next week then we riot.

If the leak is true… they are probably wondering if the changes are reasonable to also end up going live for the eSports scene (e.g. OWL). I imagine that has much more consideration than what the community thinks or the chaos the changes may or may not generally cause on the live servers.

so they have to pay PS4, Xbox, and switch money to release 2 patches

1 Like

I AM SO FREAKIN MAD!!!
As an hitscan main that swap to PC right in the double shiedl meta… :frowning:
IM ONLY GONNA BE PLAYIN ON THE PTR LIKE WHAT THE HECK! IT AINT HARD AT LEAST DROP THE WHILE YOU WAIT ALREADY, CANT CLIMB QUEUING FOR DPS AND GETTING 2-3 GAMES A [Removed] HOUR!

It’s next week French.

1 Like

thank you so much omg !!! i was going to cry. will u add me ? we could be friends omg ily already frenchthot#1950

Consider this peoplz of the interwebz: Would you prefer a finished patch that is past its due or play a broken patch you got on time?

Ow2 is the main focus. Count urself lucky there’s any update at all