So we are really having to wait a month for this new patch?

That is utterly ridiculous.

The PTR patch is so much more fun, and people are refusing to play the game til it goes live… So instead of a 2 week wait, you are dragging it out til Winter Disappointingland?

Nice one.

34 Likes

So you want Blizzard to release a patch today and then release another patch next week?

4 Likes

My favourite Disney park.

6 Likes

Yes.

Why not.

Actually they should have just released it last week (the standard 2 weeks, which is also too long).

They know the game is stale and tedious atm… and this patch adds little more speed and excitement to matches.

21 Likes

As if they’re introducing a new event next week.

Source?
It’s not coming tonight?

They should have released the patch last week, or moved WW up a week and extend the event to last 4 weeks. I agree 2 patches in 2 weeks is ridiculous, but there were better ways to do this.

3 Likes

They could also give us the events for an extra week, seeing as the game is going to maintenance mode for a year at least.

1 Like

They literally cannot release patches at that speed. They need to submit big patches to Sony for review.

1 Like

The review process takes a day or two. That’s not an issue at all.

15 Likes

That only effects PS players…

PC players could just get the patch and make console players wait.

I’ve always said having games on multiple platforms is not a good thing for game development… this just proves my point.

Why does it take so long for Overwatch to get patches… Blame console players… hahaha

3 Likes

They have to pay to release patches on console and also have to wait to get the patch certified. If it was PC only they would have probably just released it, but since they release things the same time as console a lot of the patches get released around in game events.

How about different balance patches for console and PC?
Maybe, just maybe a good Idea.

You confirm my tongue in cheek point… If it was PC only this game would be so much better lol

1 Like

I would like it but that’s not how they(and several other companies) do things. I don’t see what’s the harm in it but console players would probably complain about being second class citizens(even though they are).

I mean I just wish they didn’t hold back progress on a system that they can immediately push patches for a system that takes money and certification to patch. It would be even better because any unforeseen things could be corrected immediately if found on Pc.

Like Bastion’s ironclad I think it was in for a week or a few days on PC before it was patched out but I remember hearing console had to deal with nigh immortal bastion for weeks on end because they couldn’t just patch it.

2 Likes

What the hell are we talking about here??? Is it not coming tonight? Do you have any source?

How hard is it really to flip a few variables, then post code changes at a later date?

They don’t need to patch the game to change the ruleset.

ARMOR::Mitgation = 5 ORISA::Primary::Slow = 0.2 ORISA::Barrier::HP = 600 ORISA::Health::Armor = 250 ORISA::Fortify::Cooldown = 8 SIGMA::Barrier::HP = 900 SIGMA::Barrier::Regen = 120 SIGMA::Grasp::Cooldown = 10 SIGMA::Grasp::Rate = 0.6 REINHARDT::Barrier::HP = 1600 REINHARDT::Barrier::Slow = 0.25 REINHARDT::Steadfast = 0.5 MOIRA::Primary::InitialHeal = 3.25 DVA::Matrix_UsageCooldown = 1.5 WIDOW::Grapple::Cooldown = 12 TORBJORN::Overload::Cooldown = 10 GENJI::Primary::Ammo = 30 ZARYA::Secondary::Radius = 2.5 ZARYA::Secondary::AmmoCost = 20

4 Likes

If it was coming tonight, it would have been out an hour ago (7pm UK time)

OW being on one platform has little to do with how slow updates are really. Are we forgetting that this is Blizzard we’re speaking of here? They’re known for taking their time with updates and new content.

1 Like

It isn’t. In the launcher it says Wednesday 4th december not Tuesday. Or is that only battle.net?