So we’re just forced to accept this?

Genji related thread

You can’t tell me this isn’t unfair.

• I played McCree and I position myself a safe distance away so I don’t get clapped by Nano Blade.
  • I see Ana ulted the Genji and I get ready to high noon and slow him down.
  • Genji sees me ulting after he dashed towards me and he then gets deflect up to not die from my Ult.
  • I cancel my ult, back up while he’s still in his deflect animation.
  • I then toss my flashbang ABOVE him and successfully stun him while I’m still backing up then I proceed to roll away and turn around and run (since you lose walking speed when walking backwards).
  • Now I’m successfully out of blade range… I thought.
  • Genji then turns around, instantly kills our Ana with his absolutely stupid range (I watched the kill cam btw)…
  • THEN HE GETS A RESET AND DASHES RIGHT BACK AT ME AND KILLS ME!!!

THIS CHARACTER IS SO STUPID!!! FIX THIS GAME!!! THERE IS NO COUNTERPLAY TO THIS ABSOLUTELY OVERPOWERED HERO!!!

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. Forum Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support

204 Likes

I suck as Genji but since his buff I been able to kill enemies with ease even when I have messed up and I cannot aim for the life of me with him.

I even had him one shot me when I came out of spawn because his combos work so quickly and deadly with one another.

Very stupid how easy it is to win with him now

130 Likes

“BuT He’Z A SkiLl CharActur Brah”… :roll_eyes:

90 Likes

You might be low elo
here’s a tip
instead of relaying on your team mates to stop genji from his blade you should instead flank befor or during the fight knowing he has blade in order to trade and win the fight. You can really abuse this in low elo. So you could have tried a fast flank high noon to kill to trade for the ana.

6 Likes

Yes because clicking one button (Q), having the durability of a tank (with a tiny and extremely mobile hitbox), and then tapping M1 for an instakill somehow counts as “skill”.

I pray you’re just joking dude lol

24 Likes

Shooting at him after the stun helps, you know

And the more I read your story, the more it sounds like you just got outplayed

He dashed on you, you ulted, he deflected, you baited and got the stun but instead of following up you ran away, he realized he can’t close the distance and targets someone else, gets a kill for his reset, and finishes you off

You’re a victim of your own poor decision making

28 Likes

i don’t know what to say, but blizz is not gonna help you in this matter.
they like the flashyness of those deflects and dash resets.

6 Likes

I assure you on a certain level, I am. Like Tracer, he’s nowhere near as skilled as people want to act like. He just benefits from spam now (like Tracer) while evading getting hit with high mobility. But hey, he killed the McCree that had to actually aim… so he must be good right?

7 Likes

The real question is why did your Ana not sleep him

3 Likes

Call it what you want. Genji is still objectively broken.

I did everything to safely not get harmed by this dude’s ult while still being in a position where I can get value and there is still BS that manages to ruin my day.

What do you expect me to do? Stand at the very very back of my own backline?

Cool. Now I can’t deal any meaningful damage let alone on the Genji.

Quit trying to defend this hero dude.

Fixed it for you

37 Likes

Kind of hard to sleep a 30% speed buffed, jumping, deflecting ninja that can close the gap before you can even cast it out. Its not impossible but lets stop acting like its easy either.

69 Likes

There’s nothing bs about you choosing to run away instead of using the stun you got to focus him down

That’s on you

For someone who loves to whine about genji’s m1 you sure don’t know how to use your own

4 Likes

Oh yeah because it’s so easy to shoot all headshots, let alone body shots, on one of the most mobile characters in the game.

Do you even realize that if I had still walked backwards and focused him after the stun, I’d still die first?

Because the Genji has his speed buff on his ult while every character in the game loses speed when they walk backwards.

Learn the game dude.

What excuse are you going to come up with now?

“JuSt HiT aLl YoUr ShOtS!¡ derp

Yeah okay. Why not go tell that to literally every other DPS player on Top 500 who also don’t have 100% accuracy?

36 Likes

Well by the sounds of it he was focused on the cree and deflect had been burned. At one point I believe he was even stunned. So… plenty of opportunities.

Says more about game play of the defenders than it does the attacker, in this scenario, imo.

Well, I don’t mean to be rude but this seems sort of ironic. I’m not one to side on the “genji is fine” side, I think he’s over-tuned, but at the same time I can’t help but notice a crafted image of perspective when I feel I see one.

Blade range is obnoxious. This is why people like me have disliked blade ever since the game first came out.

It also gives him a 30% speed boost
AND
Dash is actually a hitscan attack despite how it feels when you’re playing him.

11 Likes

I was literally in the same position where nano blade came in.

However, instead of pressing Q…
I waited for him to close in while trying to land my left click
And he dashed in right as I missed…

BUT I foreseen that entrance and flashed bang the floor at his sides immediately.

I then landed two body shots while holding S
and landed another headshot to him and he died.

:confused:

I mean it feels bad to get rolled by blade but as a hitscan; its definitely easier to kill Genji than with projectile shots

1 Like

why would you try and ult a nanoblade genji as mcree? then you ran away once you stunned him? why would you not just shoot him?

4 Likes

I don’t know about OP scenario but we should all be able to admit that he’s stupidly broken OP right now. I’d be embarrassed if I was in charge of balancing the game.

3 Likes

Not when he’s nano’d.

There’s only two other options.

1. I play so outrageously far back to where he can’t practically kill me unless he’s goes deep and possibly not get more value out of Nano Blade.
  2. Actually challenge him head on to which unless I’m hitting all headshots, I’ll always lose.
1 Like