You’re usually pretty good at backing up your statements with stats Falcon. Why say this when it’s not true?
Because that’s just a representation that it’s extremely difficult to find Mercy posts that either aren’t looking for a big multi-rez, and removing rez entirely.
Especially ones that aren’t buried deep in some big discussion topic.
Feels like Mercy mains are barely even trying, unless it’s fruitlessly slamming on a brick wall of the the developers disinterest in big rez abilities.
oh thats good.
“Mass rez is like rocket science” hiding then popping out to press 1 button is actually that tough for you hey?
maybe u are why they had to add invul??
So much ignorance here. You state your opinion as fact when it clearly isn’t. Valk vs Rez is an opinion.
How extremely childish to try and say that those who don’t agree with you are wrong because you don’t like it.
As someone who mains Mercy, it’s those like you that make me feel ashamed to be grouped within the Mercy community
The problem is that Mercy mains are just generally pissed off at having been mostly ignored (they added bug bunny hope which was nice) since the beginning of the rework. Their have been tens of thousands of posts providing feedback on all sorts of different ways to fix her.
If the community had been listened to a year ago we wouldn’t be having this discussion or issue.
Obviously I was being hyperbolic and it was to compare the two in terms of skill.
Actually, I was fine without it. In GM, you don’t need invulnerability to stay alive. You just need to know who to fly to and who to tempo res.
Like I said, in terms of how skilful the two are, mass Res beats Valkyrie by a significant margin.
This is a strawman. I’m not disagreeing with them because I don’t like what they’re saying. I’m disagreeing with them because what they said is false. Mass Res requires more skill to pull of successfully than Valkyrie. If you want someone to explain it to you, here, read this thread:
You’re sorta getting upset at yourself. I didn’t say I was disagreeing with them because I don’t like what they’re saying.
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽
Now that I disagree with, we don’t know the truth because there is no truth. Only your own truth because it’s opinion.
It really isn’t but whatever helps you sleep at night then.
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽
If the Mercy community had focused on generic results, without focusing on the method to get there. This would have been solved a long time ago.
Instead it’s almost entirely just different variations on 1 basic idea, that all available evidence would indicate the devs don’t like.
I’m disappointed that the Mercy community can’t attempt to do better.
What they’re saying is not “false” tho. What factual evidence do you have to say that’s false? 2*2=5 is incorrect, therefore that’s false.
An opinion can not be false. There can be no constructive arguments when people choose to remain myopic and spread misinformation like you are. Your opinion is not fact. Those that disagree with you are not wrong, nor are they right.
And please refrain from sending me links like that. In the end, that’s someone’s opinion. That doesn’t make it true
Actually, believe it or not but living in reality doesn’t really help me sleep at night. In fact it’s actually people like you who just HAVE to push their own personal opinion as absolute unquestionable truth that cause me to lose sleep at night.
It’s a community with no official spokes person, no official community representatives, no official community liaison to help guide discussion, no official way of providing feedback through a poll or questionnaire on what is liked or not liked about the character.
It’s just a bunch of random people who are unhappy and angry with what’s been done to the character they love with no official guidance on how to provide good constructive feedback.
To make matters worse those chosen by some of the community as leaders are ignored.
It’s a very bad situation.
The fact that unlike Valkyrie, you had to consider a lot of things before ulting pre-rework.
Quoted from Titanium:
As for how the best execution of old Resurrect was determined… It depended upon a lot of variables. For starters, here are some variables and questions considered before the engagement begins:
- Living allies prior to the teamfight. Are we a full team, or are some allies dead/walking back from spawn?
- Living enemies prior to the teamfight. Does this put us at a numbers advantage/disadvantage? Is it possible that additional enemies will join the fight late?
- Ultimates held by present allies. Are there any allies I should prioritize when it comes time to Resurrect because of their ultimates?
- Ultimates held by present enemies. How many ultimates does the enemy team have at the ready? Does this put us at an advantage/disadvantage in primed ultimates? Are there any ultimates I should be weary of in particular?
- Missing enemies. Are there any enemies I cannot see/have not accounted for? Are they flanking? Where might they attack from? Am I their target?
- Allied positions. When things get hot, who can I fly to for safety? Will I still be able to heal the frontline from there, or will healing the tanks require another reposition?
- Mercy’s position. How can I place myself in a way that still allows me to support the team, but minimizes the enemy’s ability to shoot at me? If I am directly attacked, could a reach a position that gives me an advantage in that fight? Are there nearby healthpacks that I could take advantage of?
- Engagement patterns. Will the enemy get a pick and then engage, or will they fly through that choke point, ultimates blazing? If we are the team initiating, which pattern will we follow?
During the engagement, here are some of the variables the player might consider in the heat of battle:
- Midfight numbers. Are we at an advantage/disadvantage in this category? Will Resurrect give us a numbers advantage? Is Resurrect even necessary to win the fight?
- Enemy activity. How aggressive are they playing? Are they slowly gaining an upper hand, or has all hell broken loose? How aggressive is each one playing? Do the aggressive ones have their ultimates ready? Are they prepared for me to use Resurrect, or are they too blinded by their tunnel vision to realize I’m still here?
- Death locations. Are my allies close enough to one another to be revived in a single use of Resurrect? Is there a specific position I should attempt to reach to revive them all? Would reviving a particular ally provide our team with an advantage due to their location in relation to the enemy?
- Midfight ultimates. What ultimates are active? What ultimates do we still have? What ultimates does the enemy still have? How can I bait out those ultimates? What ultimates do our dead allies have? Are they in a position to use them?
- Respawn timers. Will more allies die before that first ally respawns? Should I revive that first ally now, or should I hold onto resurrect until more allies are down?
- Resurrect priorities. If I am forced to choose between reviving one ally or the other, which do I choose, based upon their hero, skill, and ultimate status?
- Enemy positions. Where is each living enemy? Are any flanking around in an attempt to kill me? Am I in the sights of any enemies?
- Safety/practicality limits. Is it too dangerous for me to have a presence in the fight anymore? Would healing my team even be useful at this point? Is it time for me to pull back and supplement healing with pistol fire?
- Post-rez outcome. Given all of the above variables, what are the chances that my team will win the fight after I resurrect them? If the chances are not in our favor, how can I tip them in our favor? Who should I try to finish off with my pistol while taking advantage of the invulnerability frames? If the post-rez fight will not be in our favor, should I bother using Resurrect at all?
Then there’s Valkyrie:
Things you don’t need to do now with Valkyrie:
- Healing prioritization? AoE beams remove the need for that.
- Damage boost utilization? AoE beams also negate the need for that.
- Positioning? There aren’t really any threats to evade in the skybox, and you are already in the best position you are going to be in for the duration of the ability.
- GA discipline? You’re still in the skybox and you have free flight, remember?
- Awareness? There isn’t much of a need to pay close attention to the fight. It’s not like you would get any real benefit from doing so. Skybox and AoE beams are still a thing.
- Does my team need extra heals? Valkyrie
- Am I going to die? Valkyrie
- Does my team need extra dmg boost? Valkyrie
- Do I need to 1v1 that Widow real quick? Valkyrie
- Do I need to fly back to spawn to swap heroes? Valkyrie
- Do I need to fly around like crazy and grab the enemy team’s attention? Valkyrie
If you have more to add, feel free to tell me. I’ll edit it in.
This alone already sets the two apart in terms of skill with Valkyrie being the least.
I didn’t say that.
There’s more objective stuff in that thread than there is, subjective. At least read the thread before saying something about it…
Firstly, you were the one doing this first. Secondly, like I said, it isn’t a matter of opinion. Mass Res outskills Valkyrie. The thought process alone between the two proves my assertion.
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽
But how is current Valk any less fun than original 2.0 Valk? If anything, the current Valk should be much more fun and skill based because you don’t get the luxury of instantly rezzing a person with the push of a button.
Do you all agree on the same terms of what is fun? Seeing how complex something like fun can be I don’t know exactly how many people we is but can you say for certain you all agree 100% on the same version of fun?
I can respect the hurt feelings, and the desire for a fun and worthwhile character.
But they will continue to be ignored if they can’t suggest ideas that the devs aren’t going to automatically ignore.
Instead of intriguing the devs with creative concepts.
It’s just more similar to nagging, harassment and petitioning.
Which is a horrible way to persuade someone.
That’s an odd question. No group can 100% say what is fun and what isn’t fun.
Exactly, which is why nobody should speak for a group they have no certainty for.
I wouldn’t say everyone would agree with me but I’m sure the majority do just want anything that isn’t Valkyrie and they’ll be happy. You know, since Valkyrie is the main culprit behind the fun and unfun argument.
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽
The 60 HPS is only during her Valk though, which means that only Valk is back to what it was