So the Mei/CC nerfs are coming Wednesday

I don’t think it is a Mei specific one, but a generalized one.

I think it is ONLY it. But that effects Mei perhaps more than most.

Jeff did say there were Mei nerfs coming Wednesday specifically.

1 Like

I have no idea what they are going to do.

Because the reason she’s valued in OWL is Icewall, and high survival.

And even if they put her wall on a 20sec timer, it would still be almost as strong for that purpose.

She’s in Sombra territory it seems.

1 Like

I think they’re at that phase where instead of just straight nerfing her they’re trying to buff her skill ceiling while trying to raise her skill floor (making her harder).

1 Like

I DO hope so. The last set of changes pointed in that direction.

1 Like

I think I know that better than most people…

I have no idea. Do they consider displacement to be crowd control, or strictly stuns and slowdowns? I would like to imagine wrecking ball, doomfist and lucio all contribute to CC even though they’re all focused around displacement, but the devs might use more exact terminology.

I think knockback nerfs would make sense. We’ve already seen a world without it so it’s somewhat predictable in its outcome. Maybe the nerf to some stun durations? For some heroes it makes sense. Like if they keep cree’s fire rate, his stun duration could be lowered. Right now I can triple headshot tanks pretty reliably with one stun. Maybe another round of reducing “duration of loss of control in air” type stuff

I just learned Mei so I guarantee she is going on the absolute bottom of the trashpile.

Well, if we’re lucky, all they are going to do is make it so icewall can’t target deployment locations through enemy barriers.

I.e. Make it a pain to wall off a Rein.

I dunno. I’ve already accepted I’m never getting to play her again.

Well, she does have the advantage of being China girl Overwatch #1

Not sure if Chinese audiences have as much attachment to her continued viability, as Koreans do for D.va.

Because that totally saved Dva from being garbage for years.

Well she was top of the meta and ladder for years and years before that.

True, but I don’t want to invest effort in anyone getting trashpiled soon. I wasted a lot of time playing Mei lately and I’m depressed about that (also I’m going to miss playing her as I really enjoyed it).

Knowing blizzard

It’ll be something amazing

Or totally random that no one asked for or wanted- like reducing the CC on reins hammer swing.

1 Like

Well, Mei was fun.
Junkrat was fun while he lasted.
Never really got back into Roadhog after season 5.

Honestly I don’t even play the game much at all recently.

Got friends playing Killing Floor 2, and Bleeding Edge

And before that it was getting multiple characters to Elite Smash level.

A but of Paladins.

Then the short lived game HyperUniverse.

Dunno think I’ll give Doom and Doom Eternal a try.

I got like this back in the day with PlanetSide. To the point that TotalBiacuit was giving me crap about posting on the forums more than he did :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh? Well I was thinking that, for the sake of the game, they could leave knockback alone. But if they only buffed it because of Goats, then maybe it should get toned down.

Knockback is my second least favorite CC, so I’m personally not to hurt about that.

Mei was super fun. I think I enjoyed Mei more than any other DPS I’ve ever learned. She also felt the most consistently good. I don’t think I ever felt like I sandbagged the team on Mei, and I’ve felt that on other DPS I played like Ashe and Echo.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they buffed Knockback because their intention was to buff the GOATS counters in that patchs (Junkrat, Pharah, Doomfist) and most of them had knockback.

I could be wrong and it could’ve just been a QoL change they did.

Heh, and I feel like I had something to do with a lot of the changes to the hero.

Including frost blaster piercing, a 56,000 view reddit post on why she needs no falloff in icicle, and the basic outline for the last 3 nerfs.

But I have no idea what’s coming up on Wednesday.