So the Big wave of ow2 beta is today

Under Q. How do I get access to the Overwatch 2 Beta?

“We’ll select a small group of players when the beta goes live on June 28 at 11:00 AM PDT and will steadily add more players over time as we ramp up capacity, with the first waves of larger access grants planned to begin on July 5.”

Thoughts?

1 Like

That means the people who paid to get in get a week largely to themselves. Sounds about right.

2 Likes

it’s stupid as hell is my thoughts. It’s not fair that someone like me who doesn’t have funds to spend on a game needs to wait till freaking july to play the beta

1 Like

Expected. Putting beta access in the watch point pack is the only reason most people are buying it this early. Less people getting in from keys = more sales.

1 Like

Its either hold out or Give in. they prob saw the size of the Twitch drops last Beta and some dude in Marketing said “Lets Get money outta that”

This is known since the moment when they announced the beta.

2 Likes

Really? Because I didnt see anyone talk about it

yeah everyone should get everything right away totally!!!

Mostly Console Players will get in, I’ll wager.

Not like I won’t be playing OW1 regularly if I do get in….so not much would change for me

I bet if sales were huge the first day and then sort of tapered off (or even got a big influx after they actually gave us some rough idea of the currency’s worth), they’ll let a lot of people in, assuming that the people who were going to buy have already done so. They have some motivation to let more people in so match quality + queue times can be improved, making the beta “feel” better.

If sales have been a bit more consistent, I bet they’ll let hardly anyone in, assuming that letting people in now will diminish sales.

Neat thing about the vague promise of “the larger wave” is they can make it a small or large as they want to based on sales strategy.

2 Likes

More console players would be nice. Was playing the same people over and over again for the first few days. They quietly added more console players Thursday, which did help with variety a bit. This week should be a big stress test.

Maybe don’t lock your BETA behind a paywall for your most dedicated fanbase if you expect any of them to be remotely excited on a F2P game? Oh wow thank you daddy blizzard for maybe giving us access 1 week later after deciding to abandon your game for 2+ years after making us pay more money for access than anyone new coming into the franchise.

2 Likes

Well, I signed up within the first hour, and haven’t received a code yet. I doubt I ever will. I have zero faith in Blizzard keeping their promise of everyone who signed up getting to play.

7 Likes

I love that i havent gotten a beta code yet. Blizzard is so awesome at this stuff. I love it here

i just love blizzard i havent gotten into any of the betas

Let’s be real, anyone who signed up will have to wait till the 14th.

Causing frustration to bump sells. man blizzard is dirty.

1 Like

Oh dont worry they will keep their words, we all will be able to play 4 days before the beta ends :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

As a long time player, I just feel disrespected.

My friends, me and most of the people that I’ve seen on the forum/reddit/twitter didn’t get the access.

Why Blizzard isn’t honest and clear about the access for those who signed in?

I’m frustrated not necessarily for not getting into the Beta itself, but for the lies and manipulation that Blizzard is doing/making.