So Sombra has a high pickrate in owl so far

How often does she get swapped out for GOATS vs GOATS?

I hope this doesn’t mean OWL screws her out of much needed buffs

3 Likes

Sombra’s winrate in GM is NOT 4x%. That’s impossible.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Yep that’s why we shouldn’t just copy the pros. On ladder sombra is one of the worst character, but at pro lvl she is godlike.

This.

She needs QOL stuff but not straight buffs

2 Likes

I always believe that she need QoL buffs as I stated previously many times.

That thread is old, but I feel as this is all she needs.

February 15th Edit: Check out my other mega-threads that I make about Sombra as I am one of the few who are the face to Sombra to this Community. I wanna hear your feedback on some of the suggestions.

/End Edit.

1 Like

I certainly don’t disagree that Sombra needs some help on ladder, I’m a huge advocate for QoL buffs for my girl.

That said, .2sec off stealth/decloak animation, EMP resenting Trans cooldown, and gaining ult charge on personal healing off hacked packs are a touch beyond what I’d consider “QoL changes” and into straight up buff territory(EMP reset and Ult off packs especially).

Not against them PTR testing them, and I don’t think they’d break her; more just arguing semantics.

[edit] As a Sombra main it’s so bittersweet watching her roll out in OWL. I love seeing that point of view and Sombra contribute and even swing team fights, but at the same time everytime part of me is like “Welp, there goes any chance to get her some bug fixes.”

So Dva is highest pick in OWL.

She had a insanse pickrate in the World Cup, the pros admitted she was OP, however that doesnt translate to competitive as you have 2 weebs fighting over who plays Genji

and people said she was balanced and the pros just overreacted when her hack was buffed initially…

She is bad. It takes pro-level play and team work to make her function. Try playing that solo Q on the ladder for forks sake…

They should buff her. OWL can deal with it. Ladder should take priority.

I don’t want a Sombra meta in OWL. Balancing around ladder makes OWL boring to watch and the game boring to play

1 Like

How does balancing make the game boring to play?

You want to balance for the OWL? You mean the people payed to play the game and do it so completely different than anyone on the ladder? Then the game itself will be a mess.

Balance for players, not pros. Pros will figure it out. That’s their job. I have to solo Q on the ladder and I don’t have 12 ours a day to do it. I rather have a balanced game and boring OWL than the opposite.

Smash: fun to play, fun to watch, balanced around the pros
Rainbow six siege: fun to play, fun to watch, balanced around mostly the pros
Dota 2: fun to play, fun to watch, balanced around the pros
Overwatch: boring to play, boring to watch, balanced around ladder

It’s not. Sombra high pick rates on OWL, barely viable on the ladder.

Reaper and Bastion, menaces on the ladder, barely work on the OWL.

How is this balanced around the ladder?

Sombra is trash tier BECAUSE of the OWL and the pros. You think the game is boring to watch and play, that’s their fault, because the ladder is a different game than pro play.

If there’s an issue that’s exclusive to a certain portion of the playerbase, the solution is improving. The only place this doesn’t apply is the pro level.

If there’s a balance issue at the pro level (hero being too strong), that hero won’t get weaker if the players improve, that hero will just become a staple must-pick in the meta.

Take Reaper as an example, he’s an issue only at low ranks, if you struggle with Reaper being too strong the solution is improving, because low rated players are clearly doing something wrong that high rated players and pro players aren’t, which gives Reaper far more effectiveness than he should have.

Now take Sombra for example, she may be weak on the ladder but she’s perfectly fine in the OWL, buffing her might make her playable on ladder but doing so will make her a must-pick in OWL. The ladder players are clearly doing something wrong that pro players are doing right to make Sombra work. You can blame this on ladder not being coordinated as much as you want but it won’t change the fact that if the ladder wasn’t doing something wrong she’d be just as viable there.

??? Reaper and Bastion are godawful even on the ladder. The only time Bastion is even somewhat playable is on Junkertown.

If Overwatch is balanced around the pros and not the ladder then explain Doomfist’s nerfs and Junkrat’s nerfs.

1 Like

I care very little what is a must pick on the OWL. Very few people play that.

They are poorly balanced noob stompers.

They are poorly balanced, they’re poorly balanced in the sense that they’re trash heroes.

Literally every hero in Overwatch is a noob stomper as far as I’m concerned. Someone could lock Symmetra and stomp on ‘noobs’, because they’re ‘noobs’.

Noobs get stomped no matter what they’re playing as or against.

1 Like

NEVER BALANCE AROUND NOOBS! lt will make the game freaking BORING to watch and to play

Noob stomper is a term used for heroes that are trash in high play but frustrating in low elos. Not every hero is noob stomper. Genji isn’t, Zarya isn’t, Sombra isn’t, Zen isn’t, Rein isn’t. Most aren’t actually.

And if you balance around the pros, you get an balanced ladder. Balance for the ladder, which isn’t just noobs, it’s in fact most people.

Sombra’s pick rate this month go from 0,78 in BRONZE to 0,86 in GM. This is not an issue of “ladder get good”. She does not work as a hero, except on the Pro level and if you don’t think that’s a problem then I don’t know what to tell you.