So.. question: Why put effort to make a new healer Sym? Why not just give us back 2.0?

Building upon Sym 1.0 Photon Shield is more promising for a healing Sym rework than her 2.0 kit.

One thing they definitely need to stay away from is the concept of “healing turrets”. It’s not a good idea to set your healing in a specific area that can’t be moved. I have no idea why this idea is so prevalent in the community. Anyone that ever tried to play Soldier and use his biotic field to help allies know how often the normal flow of the fight forces people to leave your healing field. Turret healing would be no different.

I think she would, but as I said, and you repeated, it’s already done. No need to go on long discussions of what if scenarios.

Here’s the thing. Shield HP in Overwatch kinda sucks. It’s only better than regular HP outside of battle, where you’re not taking damage for a long enough period of time for it to regen itself. And this is at the cost of losing half of your team’s overall healing?

In 2-2-2, having Symmetra as a non healing support would be such a detriment on your team’s ability to survive, just because shield HP isn’t that good. It’s not worth not having a second healer.

Symmetra will never be viable as she is now, her kit is far to supportive for it to exist as a DPS. and She can’t be a support without heals. So its either remain terrible for forever. Or give support an honest attempt.

i want them to stay as damage turrets, and give one of her m1 or m2 healing.

Seems more like a DPS Sym than a support Sym.

Yea, 222 changed a lot of things.

so? let her heal in some other way. healing turrets are not effective

This sounds really good. Although I wouldnt change Photon Barrier. Being able to control it would result in weird balance issues. Maybe cooldown to 8 seconds but this ability is fine. Also nerfing Shield Generator would probably be overkill.

1 Like

I LOVE how everyone took their “MAYBE” and “in the future” to be “This is a thing we are actively doing” rather than “this would be an interesting idea to try”. There is a BIG difference between those two and inability to see it is probably why devs do not talk to the forums very much.

1 Like

Well yes, they are too awkward to use. I am not sure how will they put healing on Sym.

The question is, will Sym 2.0 really fit into the game’s current state?

Sym 2.0 was also an incredibly niche character, used for defence, you never see a 2.0 Sym on attack.

So many DEF characters have been changed to become a lot less niche and more viable for offence. Mei’s multi-freeze and Torb’s rework as a whole for example.

Also pushing her TP back into an ultimate would just further bring her back as a niche character, even worse, a niche support.

Sym 2.0 just doesn’t fit now. She didn’t really fit then either honestly.

Volskaya was possibly the best Sym 2.0 map in both attack and defense. But Eichenwalde, Route 66 and Lijiang are not far behind.

Spam piercing orbs into the bunker at the choke, then push with her own barrier to save your main tank barrier was the most basic attack strategy for Sym at the time, and it would catch a lot of people off guard for the simple fact that people had no idea how to counter that, for pure lack of experience.

1 Like

I don’t think they see a point in bringing back Symmetra 2.0 and all the fundamental design problems that accompanied her, which were almost all at the very least significantly improved by the rightful 3.0 rework… And I can’t really blame them if I’m being honest…

To play as? Maybe…

To play against though?.. Oh hell no and I’m 1000% sure the majority of the player base would agree with this as well.

Outright factually false claim, let’s clear that up from the beginning.

AHAHAHAHA :rofl:

The absolute last thing the arguably most numerically balanced situational hero in this game’s history that was Symmetra 2.0 needed would be net buffs and especially not such ridiculously major ones like the ones suggested :man_facepalming: