So... OW2 was just a lie all along?

We’ve waited all this time with the promise of a big blockbuster game waiting for us at the end. That was the explicit justification for abandoning OW1. It’s not something players made up, it was the pitch to us from the dev team, directly.

That’s apparently just not going to happen, as far as I can tell.

We just got a reveal of one new hero (and an obvious tease of another). Including Sojourn, that’s 3 new heroes. If OW2 releases in October (and the trailer is literally labelled as a “Release Date Trailer”) with just 3 new heroes – that’s not just pathetic, it’s a direct contradiction to what we’ve been told since 2019. A sequel to OW with only 3 new heroes is not a true sequel. It just isn’t.

We aren’t getting any PvE, of any kind. OK, fine. Something went wrong, development is hard, it isn’t going well. Whatever. It happens. But only 3 new heroes? What on earth has Blizzard been doing? Does making every map 900 times more orange really take 3 years?

Did you guys really take 3 years just to swap everything over to F2P, without actually making anything new? Did we really wait 3 years just for a new in-game store? That’s obviously indefensible on every level, but it also proves everything we’ve been told since 2019 was a total transparent lie. You guys weren’t making anything but cosmetics to sell. You clearly weren’t making heroes, which are the core of the game.

40 Likes

We’re getting the PvE at a later stage, they’re decoupling the PvE and PvP of OW2 to let us start playing with the new stuff earlier

So far, just cause they didn’t throw out every single new hero they’ve made in the first trailer 4 months before launch doesn’t mean they’ve only made 3

21 Likes

Sure, take your time. No rush. Not like they killed off one of the best games of all time to get it all done faster.

If they have more than 3 heroes and are refusing to reveal that while their game is a laughing stock, then that’s just another form of incompetence. But I think it’s clear Blizzard hasn’t exceeded our expectations once since this game launched, so I doubt they will here.

11 Likes

Dude the game hasn’t even launched yet lmao, we don’t even know how many new heroes weren’t showed to us.

39 Likes

so will there only be three new heroes at launch? thats really disappointing

there isn’t any confirmation at all about this, just doomposting from op cause they didn’t show literally everything all at once in a 2 minute trailer

2 Likes

They already said they are separating the PVE from the PVP because it’s taking too long.

yeah, how dare we complain about a game release way too late with half the stuff that was promised?
Doubt they have more than two more heroes

9 Likes

Name me one single time since 2019 that OW has exceeded player expectations. Name me one time they’ve concealed some hidden trove of content and pleasantly surprised us all.

2 Likes

Yeah, separating and killing PvE completely.
There’s not a single mention of PvE anywhere. Not a single one. They are “launching” OW2 without it’s core marketed feature.

I called it two months ago and people were laughing at me, but here we are.

2 Likes

Yep, I also have been saying this for months. It will be backburnered and then silently cancelled.

3 Likes

OW2 is simultaneously not even close to done/launched yet AND also complete enough to be played professionally/considered the better option over OW1

What a weird state of affairs

9 Likes

So… with it being F2P and most likely 3 new heroes at launch… are we sure they won’t put new heroes behind a paywall?

The PVE will be a purchasable expansion. That’s what separating means.

Can you link me to any statement made by the devs that suggests that?

I called t like years ago. xD
Welcome to reality

They know they have lost this community so no wonder it is going f2p.

I think PVE will come it’s just a question of whether it’s going to be even remotely good or not (answer is no lmfao)

1 Like

Just to set the record straight, many independant games exists out there, managing to release a patch every month with a small team. Development is not that hard, especially when the code already exists.

4 Likes

FromSoftware has less than 500 employees

Why are you still here just to be a negative nancy?

At least wait for the f-ing Update in 4 days… My god.

1 Like