So Overwatch was hitting nearly a billion in 2020 and 2021?

It’s only having lootboxes for sale that makes me a little uneasy. People talking about OW2 FOMO practices, battlepasses, store-bought cosmetics etc. being predatory makes me think about the current setup, and if it wasn’t for future hero unlocks then I’m not convinced it’s any worse - except at hiding its true nature.

The thread on this which I believe you started last time one of the reps responded in blue post on. Directly said it in the thread no chance of it being canceled.

If it wasn’t you, then someone else but they did respond directly stating so. I mean its just a joke to think they will. Wallstreet is watching the PVE launch very closely. They also will have MS direct support as well, the chance of a cancellation is like 10x less than you getting cancer in your lifetime.

Link this mysterious thread. I’ve yet to see it. How long ago was it? You have psychic abilities to see what Blizzard is going to do in the future? Didn’t Blizzard also say they’d keep OW1 servers up until players stopped wanting matches? So take them at their words for this, but not for that? Aren’t you one of the people that asserts that Blizzard can change their mind at any time and do whatever they want with their game? Be consistent. Also, link this thread that I started that Blizzard responded to.

Dude it was in the past 10 days… go look. Lord, do you think I would need to make it up to defend a PVE release? The servers are up - game was changed.

Well, you said Blizzard responded to me on some thread I must have apparently started in my sleep because I’ve been pretty busy all week. I didn’t accuse you of making up anything, I asked for a link to “my” thread.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/chance-for-them-canceled-pve-after-pvp-is-success/692206/2

They confirmed its not canceled; could that change ? Sure, but very very very unlikely. It’s not a 50/50 proposition, if you know what the business side looks like, OW is one of only two IP’s with life in them currently and with the build up of Team Four and the acquisition, no way in hell its getting cancelled.

But sure, they could just as tomorrow the Sun could not come up. Would you bet on it?

1 Like

:thinking: What about those with FOMO? They could spend a ton of money and still not get what they wanted because it was practically gambling, isn’t that predatory? I feel like being able to directly purchase what you want and getting it in OW2 is less predatory than “spend money and probably don’t get what you want unless you spend hundreds more, and even then you still might not” in OW1

I haven’t done the math but, even with the high prices of skins in OW2, isn’t it still cheaper compared to having to spend who knows how much on lootboxes hoping you’ll get it, or build up enough duplicate credits to purchase them in the hero gallery?

Like, new skins are around $20 in OW2 right? How much money would you have had to spend in OW1 on lootboxes to get a specific skin? Probably a lot more than $20 (I’m guessing)

3 Likes

It’s like run through a Funhouse mirror hall isn’t it?

OW2 is looking more and more like HotS 2.0. Hearthstone still survives due to there not being many online TCGs. It’s still a pretty niche market, and HS keeps pumping more content to the whales. Tried it myself a while back and couldn’t do anything because of how terrible my f2p decks were. Had to resort to the PvE stuff that gives free decks.

But yeah. My hopes are not high for PvE. IF they release it, I’m almost certain it’ll have it’s own BP, and timegate either maps via the BP, or talent trees. Possibly even individual talent tiers. Or both.

1 Like

Overwatch 1 will no longer be accessible because they are taking down overwatch 1 servers down.

We can go back down this route, but we both know where it ends. You can’t claim it’s the same game, while also claiming it’s a different game. We’ve done this song and dance.

But the fact is, you don’t know that. And just like they went back oñ their OW1 promises, they can just as easily say that PVE isn’t worth the effort.

2 Likes

Yeah yeah - we hear the OW1 dead nonsense, the format changed and it was time to end that format. Move on.

“BuT yOu DoNT KnOW ThAT” nonsense. really? Are we in fifth grade now? can I say any preposterous thing like “Dragons may fly out of my butt” and it be legit because “BuT yOu DoNT KnOW ThAT” as as response?

This is on par with literally driving by a house under construction and saying it will almost certainly be built “BuT yOu DoNT KnOW ThAT TheY WoNT” :roll_eyes:

The odds are very, very low to the point that entertaining the idea is just ridiculous at this point. In fact, if PVP does poorly, they will double down on the PVE to make it up…

When you have some evidence for this position, fine, I will entertain it, but all the evidence says you are dead wrong.

1 Like

I left HS after they started making all the cards I bought useless, many years ago. Then I got back into it because a friend really wanted me to, but eventually got tired of keeping up with cards. Then I eventually went back for the battlegrounds. I played it for quite some time, but eventually responsibilities took precedent. Unfortunately the constant change of the meta made it necessary, but take up too much time, to keep up to date on strategies to stay competitive.

1 Like

No, I don’t have to move on. You haven’t answered to it. Don’t move the goal post. Let’s stick to the topic. You just said that it’s the same game. The whole point is that Blizzard doesn’t stick to it’s words. By your own words, many times before, they don’t have to stick to their words.

How do you contradict yourself and expect to just move along to the next topic?

Either Blizzard has a history of not sticking to their word (spoiler, they do) and them saying that they will definitely release the PvE experience they’ve said they were going to release means absolutely nothing past the minute they said it, or I can log into my OW1 client on October 4 and play overwatch without having to touch or look at a garbage battle pass, with full access to the game I paid for.

This you?

2 Likes

This is the only part I’m hyped for, but it’s getting the Halo: Infinite treatment.

This is juvenile, plans change based on business needs.

Same game effectively, its format change. Like it or not.

Blizzard does not have to say things like a parent promising a child on their plans.

You are not children, nor is Blizzard your parent here.

PVE will release almost certainly; you just want to make a point that you have no evidence for. By all means preach on brother, tell the masses there will be no PVE on the sole evidence you said so :clap:

You don’t get “access to the game you paid for” the very first patch that went on. You mad because you see an ad for a pass? LMAO…

And people wonder why Blizz doesn’t like to talk about plans… :roll_eyes:

Your just mad that you can’t have the same toy, and want to paint failure in.

1 Like

Spare me the insults. You aren’t answering to the clear contradiction you’re making. You’re still moving the goal post. Which is it?

1. Blizzard doesn’t go against their word and I will have full access to all the content I paid for in Overwatch 1 and I will be able to continue playing it on October 4th.

2. Blizzard can change their mind at any point in time and, because of that, nothing they say holds any water past the moment they say it in.

There are 2 options. Only one of those can be factual. One contradicts the other. Pick or admit that you’re just hoping, like the rest of us, that they don’t just change their mind about releasing PVE at the drop of a dime sometime between now and a year from now.

2 Likes

I’m not moving a goal post, how do you think I am?

I have only said that there is no evidence that PVE is being canceled, and in fact a rep went as far as to even respond in a thread on the subject. No goal post moving.

Yes, adults know that businesses change plans; that’s how it works. Plans are not promises, you confuse the two.

When you have some evidence for this position, by all means, put it out there. You don’t.

1 Like

i did mention that i didn’t like that part, yes.
did you not read?

the game showered you with free boxes, in fact that was YOUR argument as to why it wasn’t sustainable.
OW1 mtx was cosmetic only and getting things for free was actually easy and convenient. Shown by how people had thousands of unopened boxes because they had already everything they wanted.

did you forget you could buy things with in-game coins or are you ignoring that part because it goes against this point?
and the grind wasn’t “8 months of daily grind to get enough coins for a single legendary”.

2 Likes

sometimes it’s easier to hide things in plain sight. i explained the trick to battlepasses.
“don’t buy it”
you could also not buy lootboxes, tell me how that prevented them from being made illegal in some countries.

“thing is bad, but other thing is also bad, so really things are pretty good! why are you upset?”

ever since you posted “most sites need your phone and/or email” and refused to admit the “and/or email” was doing the heavy lifting (seriously, i feel like sharing my chiropracor’s number) i’ve stopped listening to anything you say and i implore everyone else here to join me :relaxed:

1 Like