So officially, Nerdslayer is wrong

Remember that “Death of a game” Video he put up about Overwatch? It was true… for a month. considering it released mid-January when the game was LITERALLY dying. in the video, he pleaded for OW2 to amend the shortcomings. what happened next will shock you, and NerdSlayer…

PvP beta gets announced in the first week of March, game still gloomy but there is a shimmer of hope.

4 WEEKS IN A ROW, we get constant and valuable communication. “lets hope they keep this up” i say. well, here we are in mid-June and the communication has been ripe every single week.

beta releases among glowing reception. no-one, including me can go back to OW1 cause of the fantastic individual impact, playability and accessibility of OW2. It’s LEAGUES ahead of OW1.

2 months later, RELEASE DATE, 2 MORE HEROES, FREE TO PLAY, CONSTANT COMMUINICATION, CROSS PROGRESSION

while their PR isn’t perfect, we gotta appreciate this. Overwatch 2 is looking incredibly promising. may even be my personal GOTY, i hated Elden Ring fite me…

only thing i found bleh is the lack of heroes, but tat was due to development hell thanks to a certain CEO.

5 Likes

This is just a lie lol. Am I nobody? What about all of the other posters you are conveniently ignoring?

Just an actual, literal lie.

5 Likes

Forum != community.

Personally I’m looking forward to OW2. I don’t think it’s god’s gift to mankind, but from my experiences playing in the beta (99.99% support because good luck queueing for a different role) it was pretty fun.

Though my 1 tank game as Rein felt pretty awful.

5 Likes

plenty of people hated it, just like how i hate elden ring and everyone else says its the best game of all time. the critics, people who actually play the game i frequently hear, they cant go back to OW1.

not everyone, durrr. but LOTS

Dude, the game is a joke on Reddit and youtube. and its very thoroughly split even in these forums (where the opinion is most likely to be OW centric).

My dude, you are living in a bubble.

3 Likes

dunkey hated it and that was why everyone else thought it was a joke. everyone was bandwagoning him. most stuff he said was blatantly untrue.

1 Like

lol we get one dev update and now all has been forgiven, god get that sausage out of your mouths for once

6 Likes

So you just conveniently think that everyone who disagrees with you is a stupid lemming falling to lies?

How silly

2 Likes

you mean 4 within 6 months? an article literally every week bar one since March?

Lack of heroes on release is a little bit of a weird thing to get hung up on, IMHO. Seems pretty clear that they’ve got a decent line up of heroes in a near-finished state that they’re holding back so that they’re able to sustain their seasonal content cycle.

We know for sure they’re doing the same thing with maps. There were maps announced and demoed in 2019 (and shown again today) that won’t be in the game at launch on October 4.

Ultinately, no-one cares about how much was in a live service game at launch. It becomes irrelevant after a few seasons of new content. The same will apply to Overwatch.

1 Like

Sure, if you cherry picked those reviews.

You do understand so many of those improvements in the beta could have been implemented into OW1 years before, right? The devs have deliberately withheld content and necessary fixes for the game in order to prop up OW2 in the eyes of gullible players (like yourself). Don’t celebrate that.

Plenty of people disliked the beta and the state of OW1 without dunkey’s video. He simply gave his take and people agreed. Not everyone who disagrees with your takes is a mindless hater. Same goes for people excited for OW2, they aren’t all mindless shills.

3 Likes

good point, im kinda thinking its due to development hell tho. they probably planned heaps but kotick kept scrapping stuff.

they are issues with the core fundamentals of the first game. cant fix that in a patch,

no? not everyone loves Fortnite, not everyone loves Apex, nor Valorant or Halo. plenty of players in any game have people that despise what they “love”. but the majority play it endlessly and enjoy it. hell, even in its “dark ages” Overwatch has been very active. much more than a lot of free to play games even.

Gosh I hated that video. I agree that Overwatch turned into a dead game but I disagreed with almost all of his points as to why that happened.

1 Like

The devs can, in fact, nerf and rework problem abilities plaguing the game in a patch. They choose not to. If anything they have added more creep to the game making balance worse. Not to mention OW2 will literally be a patch.

I don’t think much has been scrapped at al - in terms of heroes or maps at least. I think PVE has been reworked at least partially, at least once. And we know that Team 4 (or large parts of it) were ordered from on-high to down-tools on Overwatch 2 and work on some project which was later scrapped.

A large portion of new Overwatch 2 content will be released as seasonal content over the first 18 months - while the next 18 months of content is in development.

As a live service game, it makes far more business sense to not release everything up-front but to stretch the release of content out over a year or more to keep the audience engaged and buying Battle Passes.

i think the most angry ive ever been at a YouTuber is Dunkey for his stupid “review” that was just a bunch of fake news and people ate it up.

Nerdslayer’s was close!

What does this have to do with that quote?

OH that was also bad. But at the very least… we can takeaway from that vid is that it was all his personal bias and opinions turned up to 11 for “memes.” Gosh so many bad take…

I personally don’t think nerdslayer was that close and his frustrates me a bit more because it acts like it a more serious, impartial look at the “death of Overwatch”

When it reality, it had a similar heaps of bias to Dunkey’s, except it wasn’t as aggressively over the top. Made it easier to misconstrue opinions as undeniable truth of what went wrong with OW1.

im just saying majority rules, the people playing.

it took 3 years to get here. no denying dev hell is a thing. but we got here. we got a great game to play in october :smiley:

a patch with many reworks, removing a tank, balancing around that, changing the core balancing philosophy from revolving around 6 stacks to individuals, changing tank fundamentals completely?

this can’t be done in a +.01 patch. would take a whole year at least to pull this off.

This is also a lie. OW1 is, by Blizz’s metrics, the 7th highest selling game of all time. the majority liked that direction, not this one. The majority quickly fled as the game doubled down on the OW2 mindset.