So now you get warnings instead of bans for cheating?

Well, we’re here informing you so you can relax now.

Continuing the discussion from Unauthorized Third-party Software:

2 Likes

Many threads and youtubers have covered it. Unless you’ve been under a rock for a while. (If that’s the case, make some room. Dark under rock is my favorite too.)

Tom Powers even replied to a post asking whether Visor was allowed or not and Tom Powers linked to his topic.

He also hints at it.

Also here’s a Reddit post about it.

1 Like

I’ve totally have been under a rock for a while. Nice and cozy down here. Do you know how long this piece of software have been around?

I also think is dangerous for Blizzard to send out so unspecific messages like this, I am probably not the only person living under a rock that will read it and be infuriated.

Since 2017-ish but that was big beta.

The people who got warnings for using Visor got warnings for said third party program just like Tom Powers said they would in your email. I posted the image above showing the warning.

Also replies to a message with this. :thinking:

A few months. Heard people in chat talking about it – formerly unknowingly carrying cheaters in rainbow six, it got my curiosity. I looked it up. Sure enough, stupid software. No room to actually improve. Like all games, i question why anyone would use that stuff.

Thanks Mr. Smurf. You are pretty nice for being so Grumpy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It told you when enemies had their ult up.

I have my moments.
Thanks very much though.
(The name is a play since I’m bipolar…anger and rage are sometimes out of my control…)

1 Like

And Blizzard has let it go on for SO long? Seems like sloppy work.

It got really big after Jayne/A few other pros made videos about it and then everyone was using it. Before only a few 100 used it.

I know for visor. But cheating in any game, is what i meant. Why even login. You know? You can’t tell me you have fun ruining others game time. Especially in a competitive game. I just never understood that.

2 Likes

There is actually a surprising amount of people that find just that fun. Right next to people that find it enjoyable to tell other people to go kill themselves in voicechat. Never got why.

1 Like

It wasn’t though.

Blizzard has consistently maintained that 3rd party applications not explicitly approved are not allowed. People just wanted to believe otherwise.

2 Likes

It was, hence their statement.

If we really weren’t allowed to run 3rd party applications we’d all be banned.

It comes down to their discretion but for legal reasons most companies have blanket policies in place such as this to protect both you and their business.

What now? I’ve never ever used anything that interferes with OW, and I know I am not alone.

I don’t think they even released anything new or named programs by names, just reiterated on their policy they’ve always had.

Well, I’m not going to take this any futher. Feel free to insist these policies were not clear before. :confused:

Persuit doesn’t interfere with the game. As a matter of fact neither does Visor.

It’s no worse than visiting MasterOverwatch after each game, or using NVidia Experience to record your game.

The latter is allowed. The former is not. Yet both have the same method of operation.

1 Like

I am familiar with the program, but if it happens INSIDE the game, of course it interferes.