So many critical issues with the game right now

Two can post stupid reddit links
ITT: tweet refers to this patch trying to bridge the gap between lower skill and higher skill as “ruining your game,” 7k+ upvotes https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/s/pLKDv1zbaF
ITT: average tank experience season 9, almost 5k upvotes https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/s/mr1LbyRLbU
ITT: a couple more threads about how terrible tank feels, 2k+ upvotes each
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/s/U4ZV7TNH4k
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/s/H0LqBC6dO7
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/s/eSoXTwcgwt
Could go on, but the forums speak for themselves atp

Even moist critikal laughs at us boys

And how is that any different from what I posted above that Tank could feel better to play, and the head hitboxes are a bit goofy?

Bc youll find that you can stack as many bandaid fixes as you want, it still wont fix the pandoras box of problems that blizzard has opened up

Also anyone notice how theyre dropping the ball on every franchise at once? Like this same week diablo got a $60 horse skin and wows new expansion was like straight up killed. Why do they suck so bad at their jobs?

Such as?
If the problems were so obvious and numerous, you should be able to name a few.

I don’t have rose colored glasses, I simply compare each thing against each other.

I think OW2’s reduction of CC was a good path to go (they still need to remove/reduce more CC), but 5v5 is simply trash compared to 6v6.

5v5 “simplifying everything”, in Aaron’s words, only makes the game less replayable, and hiding behind walls more because you have 1 less tank is not interactive game play. The amount of times you have to counter-swap as tank is really annoying in 5v5 compared to 6v6.

2 Likes

The queues, tanks who arent dive tanks or sigma just exploding immediately, terrible hitboxes, any hero who isnt hitscan dive or zenyatta is absolutely suffering rn, tank has no input in matches anymore, every match boils down to dps diff, dps passive disproportionately advantages some dps more than others, support is now even better played as dps (healing is pointless now), plenty more. Many many more problems than just “i dont like when theres two shields :rage:” which was literally the only problem in 6v6

Id go on but at this point itd be faster listing the things that ow2 does right: they know how to squeeze as much money as possible from support whales before abandoning them completely lmao

2 Likes

I prefer 5v5. 6v6 was just way too much. The game played more like a moba than a fps. Simplifying the game is what made it better.

@GreyFalcon

It’s fine you have opinions and know a bunch of other random, yet irrelevant people that have played some overwatch before that happen to have positive opinions of this specific overwatch patch for the few hours they will play it.

The opinions, however, are in direct opposition to the facts of objective reality.

You can say 1+1=3 all you like. You can post links to other people saying it. It still doesn’t change objective reality. It only shows people you don’t understand what you’re trying to talk about.

3 Likes

It’s simply terrible

Almost a mind blowing achievement how bad they’ve bungled this

4 Likes

That’s because it’s been a problem way before Overwatch.

I know right? How dare my OW1 boomer self say things that deny the status quo.

It wasnt even an issue of 6v6. It was an issue of hitscan mains that didnt like it when people picked two barrier tanks to not insta-lose against the enforced double sniper meta. And didnt want to pick barrier counters. And didnt want OTHER people to pick barrier counters.

People werent picking double shields to deny DF or Sym. It was to deny the unnerfed Widow that forced GOATS and the overbuffed Ashe that was propped up artificially into must pick status.

It was neutering tanks until they were manageable for the heroes said tanks were meant to counter (sniper hitscans) what ultimately led to no one wanting to play the role and queues skyrocketing.

The entire game paid for the insane and self-destructive hitscan pandering that was the castration of Orisa amongst other tanks, and the kneejerk nerfing of a bunch of non-hitscan DPS heroes like DF, Sym and Mei for existing.

2 Likes

Its entirely illusionary to equalize queue times, no games with multiple role systems have equal queue times, not one. Even if they existed, those games probably treat their players better and don’t waste time with reworking the entire game to allow supports to hit E for free value.

Are those games Class Based Shooters?

Or are you trying to act like truisms about MOBAs and MMORPGs apply to Overwatch?

It can’t even be a skinfest because the shop is broken x:

The first was the 5vs5. That change started the downfall.

But later came a lot more of strange choices and fails xDD

1 Like

I’ll stand with you.

Just want to mention that these peaks and valleys only show the increased interest over the Season 9 Patch, but as you can see at the very end it’s already nearing its previous high and the dips have fallen below that previous high as well. From the Steam charts it’s a clear downward trend from the initial Season 9 interest.

It’s happening pretty quickly too.

2 Likes

Does that matter, if the assertion is that less people are playing?

When any amount higher disproves that?