So is pve really dead or delayed?

I really would like to continue with Ramattra and his rein of terror with those helmets on bots. Then Zen being cornered by Talon.

1 Like

Hate to be a doomer, but the odds are not in our favor…

They haven’t aknowledge anything about story missions in months, they fired almost the entire team(s) focused on the PVE/story last january, they put the story mode on a side tab instead of the main selection screen. And the Invasion missions didn’t sell well…

:grimacing:

2 Likes

well I’ve said before fine forget pve just make a show or movie. You know how crazy that would sell in a theater?? Still can’t believe it hasn’t happened yet

Arcane had a budget of 10 million dollars per episode, I’m pretty sure an Overwatch series with a comparable budget would do as well as it did, but, it’s not fans of Overwatch you have to convince, it’s the suits who decides what risks to take or not to take.

I don’t know how well the books and comics has sold, but I can’t imagine they’ve been doing exceptionally well for Blizzard and the PvE missions was an actual flop that likely cost them millions. So it probably is difficult to make a convincing argument that an Overwatch movie/TV series is not a big risk at this point unfortunately.

I think we’ll most likely get the conclusion through comics or in Overwatch 3 or something, who knows.

1 Like

Can’t wait for 4v4 DPS vs healers

They have talked about them recently.

They cancelled them.

PvE is dead.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/fps/overwatch-2-has-killed-any-remaining-hope-for-its-future-pve-missions-with-the-mode-being-scrapped-in-favour-of-going-all-in-on-pvp/

I know, but it’s “sources” (probably some employees or ex employees), not Blizzard.

When I said Blizzard hasn’t talk about story misions, it beceause they didn’t said a word about it, as in Aaron or anyone official, like they did on a dev update when they scraped Hero Mode.

They are full silent on story mission. I juts want them to stop hiding and tell the truth once and for all…

3 Likes

yes but… they won’t. it would be too depressing for us and for themselves. I think for now they will just continue the narrative like in 2016 - 2017, i.e. through new heroes and maps (remember Numbani or Sombra’s ARG?). Overall I see the organization of a new lore through lifeweaver (the Atlantic arcology), Illari (the Inti warriors), Mauga (the Samoan league) and Venture with Anubis. However… personally I’m not liking two things at all:

it is CLEAR that we are stopped again after too few steps to tell a lore. the one we played wasn’t even considered a first chapter, but rather a “DEMO” of something incomplete even by the standards of a narrative DLC like WoW or StarCraf, two equally narrative blizzard games… which however had a deserved success. It’s simply ridiculous that since 2014 we have:

• game presentation trailer (the exhibit): is overwatch coming back?
  • Game release with cinematic Recall: Is Overwaytch returning?
  • London calling better contextualizes how Tracer was reunited with Winston. Ok, now overwatch is coming back?
  • Zero hour in 2019: “yes, we are back”: null sector, null sector everywhere, what should we do?;
  • New Blood: new entry, ok, but can we start now?
  • PVE… I started and immediately have to stop after three missions. “coming soon”. Too many questions, Overwatch stuck again… back at this damn point without a real “first finished story arc”.

it’s ridiculous. writing new lore is fine, but you absolutely can’t do that after actually STOPPING an entire game with the promise that we would get a read on what was happening NOW, on the main characters. Ok, I like declassified, it contextualises the game world for me… but there is no “present” in this lore. we’re still accomplishing damn NOTHING.

The second thing that’s starting to bother me… is the hype they’ve built around Venture. But not for the character, but precisely the tasers regarding Anubis: more than a month has passed since the teaser of the AI Anubis, what do we know? is it perhaps about something that anticipates mid season 10? season 11? WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT! yet another spam of something that could attract our attention and then interrupt it without even having actually put any new information into this narrative that has only visually reappeared. it’s hateful, and the fact that the last hero has no real origin story also makes me pessimistic. Yes, because the Talon that faces Venture is not that different from the cannon fodder that we have seen for many, many, many… well, maybe TOO MANY times in this lore which in theory tells us how threatening Talon is but in reality they are just dummies background. :face_with_diagonal_mouth: the last time we saw Talon really “win” against Overwatch was the liberation of Doomfist, then by Baptiste, New Blood and Venture teasers are just background people to describe a… “”“global threat”“” which isn’t getting anywhere.

sorry for the rant. :triumph: But I’m comparing Overwatch to other blizzard franchises like WoW, Starcraft, or Diablo: it’s RIDICULOUS that Overwatch lore hasn’t gotten to a point other than “Overwatch is coming back to fight the bad guys” as they presented it to us in 2014. TEN DAMN YEARS AGO. Starcraft wrote 30 times longer than Overwatch waiting the same amount of time from 1999 to 2010, the year SC2 Wings of liberty debuted. and yes, you can really call that game “first chapter” with other expansion packas of lore, not the PVE they gave us. :expressionless: the time of “poor developers, the lore is still developing again” is well and truly over. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Future for PVE is unknown but pretty much they are only focused more on PVP than PVE what was promised at Blizzcon 2019. It’s sad because this game could had atleast gotten more great interesting lore moments or full on storymode than 4 missions of it.

1 Like

Man I stopped caring my head canon is the Overwatch cast got sick of Blizzard and went to turbo and left the game and started using mods to play in other games some went into modeling.