So I'm *still* seeing pro 2-2-2 develop anti-2-2-2 threads

Mostly they need to either

1. Figure a DPS queue time solution.
  2. Make it so you can do something worthwhile/interesting while queuing.
  • i.e. Derank a bunch of DPS such that the population size in Diamond-through-GM is roughly similar to Tank population in Diamond-through-GM.
  • Make the Tank meta less boring.
  • Allow people to play Arcade Workshop or Deathmatch or something while queueing.
  • Create some incentive structure to get more Tanks

I can say the same for the opposite. Some anti-role queue people realized their games improved a lot with rôle queue. A few people changing their minds doesn’t mean anything. Would you like to try again?

3 Likes

Snickurz, you apparently don’t know to read and/or don’t understand what some words mean. I’d say do some reading comprehension study before making a post such as this :slight_smile:

I mean, Dota 2 viewers put up with it.

But again, Dota 2 streaming scene isn’t as big as it was in the past.

The fact that there are still people in 2019 ““arguing”” against 2/2/2 role - lock by using the broken mess that was the LFG system as an ““argument”” is simply staggering…

Terrible post.

1 Like

Ehh, the anti - 2/2/2 crowd really does not though…

Because these official developers statements proving that the majority of the player base really enjoys 2/2/2 role - lock disprove almost every single one of their claims:

And especially these:

3 Likes

So your argument is that people should buy the game twice to just play a mode in it ? Yikes.

1 Like

You know why LFG failed miserably? Its actually pretty easy.

In short, LFG should have been rewarding its users with clear benefits and not punish them with way longer que times than they would have normally and on top of that turning their own supposed advantage against them by letting them fight against another 6 man group who have different settings regarding role restrictions.

LFG was dead on arrival,because realisticly the only thing it did,is that it gave you the ability of searching and select 5 random people for yourself, instead letting the matchmaking doing almost exactly the same.
6 Random people is still just 6 random people wether they use LFG or not.
The supposed more coordination and extra 20% XP for being in a team was simply not enough reward for the extra effort,time and risk.

1 Like

Funny thing is some streamers started to stream a certain (and better) alternative to Diablo 3 while waiting in the queue.

BTW pretty much all streamers say that if they get a game the match quality is extremely low right now. “Honestly I would not play OW at all if I wasn’t a streamer. It is just not fun anymore”

1 Like

Right, or it will turn into:

“Watch me play another game, while I queue for OW.”

But, if you are an OverWatch streamer (like Ninja is to Fortnite), then that can be a real issue. If you are mostly known for doing one thing, and you can’t do that thing anymore, that’s going to be detrimental to your brand/success.

Exactly.

More than likely, what will happen is, either they will move on to something else, or they will Smurf into a rank with a faster Q time. And neither is good, for the overall health, of the game.

people are not playing because the balance sucks not because 222. q times will drop when more tanks/dps/healers become playable again. 222 is not stopping that, the balance is.

The way you speak in your opening post honestly just makes you look like a total jerk. :confused:

1 Like

I do not care if I come across as rude… People who actively asked for 222 have some sort of mental condition. I am just utterly disturbed that the developers humored it.

You’re awfully dramatic, jeeze,lol, it’s a game, I hardly think any aspect of it on the players or the developers side means anyone is mentally disturbed, aside from maybe super trolls like yourself. O.o

1 Like

Also I wasn’t talking to you? I was talking to OP, unless you’re the same person??? I’m so confused rn :joy_cat:

How is it dramatic. The decision has literally no basis in logic whatsoever and the consequences were highly foreseeable.

You misunderstand. I thought I was being clear. Not mentally disturbed. Idiotic. And yes, I am genuinely mentally disturbed, but I am not a moron and with that, I take great comfort.

People have been asking for 2-2-2 for years. :confused: That’s the logic??? And 2-2-2 is the most popular comp in the game’s history??? That’s the logic. What logic are you basing the fact that they implemented 2-2-2 is idiotic/disturbing?

People have been asking for a lot of things. Most of which would help the game a lot more with less effort, mind you. But I actually feel you, I meant the people begging for 222 were not adhering to logic. I can see why developers to a dying game might try something the vocal minority was clamoring for. I just wish they did not.

222 being a popular comp is not really relevant.

The fact that it defies the premise of the game is a good place to start. And maybe we can end on the absurd queue times. The timing is a pretty abstract concept that I expect you might miss. I feel 222 might have worked from the start. 3 years deep? Nah, fam.

1 Like

Some ppl yes … PPL also requested to delete Brig. Should blizzard do that too ? Playerbase is completely incompetent when it comes to game design. You cannot derive your design choices from your playerbase unless you want to trash your game.

It is relevant in so far as people admitting that this was default to-go strategy prior to forced 222 making role queue even more unecessary and idiotic.

1 Like

Welcome to Overwatch, pal.

Toxicity runs at least 95% of this game.