So if Hanzo shoots redwood trees

Tired of getting hit by redwoods regardless if I hop like a kangaroo, zig zag, am off to the side, etc

Can Junk at least get asteroid mines? Or Mei can shoot icebergs? Or Pharah can shoot actual ICBM sized missles?

Id mention Doomfist but its already like hes using a football sized fist. Maybe McCree can shoot cannoball sized bullets? Or Widow can shoot telephone poles?

4 Likes

Aim isn’t the only skill.

1 Like

on behave of Blizzar we apologize for allowing hanzo to shoot 18 wheelers out of their bow. as a compensation, mei’s icicles will now be the size of mt Everest and Pharah’s rocket will upgrade to the size of Halley’s comet. however for widow and mccree since they are hit scan, we feel the need to keep their hit registration small. As a compensation, whenever hanzo fires up his 18 wheeler, or pharah’s comet, or mei’s mt everest, widow and mccree’s character graphic will be projected a few meters away from the actual hit box.

we hope you like the change.

PS: since your hit box was displaced from your actual model, now hanzo need to hit 30 meter away from your hs model to score a headshot. (after our patch once you get headshotted by hanzo, you can now claim that hanzo shoots 18 wheelers instead of a tree trunk.)

4 Likes

Hanzo is tied for the smallest projectiles in the game but hey tell yourself what ever you need to in order to keep up the delusion that you are a good player.

25 Likes

Mercy and D.Va’s pistol shots are bigger than Hanzo’s arrows according to Papa Kaplan himself.

6 Likes

It’s an arrow that can be off 30 degrees at 0 meters and still hit, come on. He should still need to aim.

Where’s the proof. I’ve got a dev confirming that Hanzo’s projectile is tied for the smallest, where’s your video evidence of Hanzo looking away from someone and hitting them anyway.

3 Likes

Hanzo is objectively one of the most aim based heroes in the game. If you have nothing intelligent to say just say nothing at all

9 Likes

Keyword is projectiles.
They can also do 2x as much dmg as any other projectile and is afaik the by far fastest projectile in the game. Compared to hitscan they are still huge and nearly as fast close to mid range.

Oh god. Not this again. Let’s put this on a macro so we can just hit a button and point this out:

Hanzo does not have a big projectile. HE DOES NOT HAVE A BIG PROJECTILE! Just because you can’t move out of the way does not mean what you’re being hit with is big. It just means you’re failing at getting out of the way.

3 Likes

Hanzo and Genji actually have some of the smallest projectile hit boxes in the game.
They are dwarfed by the bullets of Mercy and D.va for comparison.

A-D strafing against a projectile hero isn’t typically advised.

All they have to do is aim for the middle.

Hanzo’s projectiles only hit from marginally further away than hitscan does. You can test it yourself in the practice range. It’s just a consequence of everyone’s personal hitbox in Overwatch being pretty large in comparison to their body

1 Like

Went to the training area, yup no problem. Just spent 10 minutes trying to capture only to find it doesn’t work in the training area. Not going to download a video capture program, install, render, upload, and link just to prove you wrong.

the hit reg in this game is really broken. last night i played against a very good mccree, i headshotted him when he peeked, but on his screen shows that he was about a full body width away from where he supposed to be on my screen. the client -> server -> client sync was really off. on the my screen he strafed across a doorway. but on his screen(it happened to be potg) he peeked and immediately ducked back. hence why my hs never reg, because on his client side, he never went that far.

1 Like

The latency in OW is made up for with a system called “shooters perspective.”

I can’t claim to fully understand how it works, but it’s been explained to me that I’m laggy environments the game will try to favour the attacker.

Worth googling if you want to know more.

I imagine that was meant for me, but you kinda need to have proof of your outrageous claims. On top of that, the hitboxes of the training bots are bigger than Torbjorn.

2 Likes

You could just look up videos of people who have already done exactly that…

2 Likes

I thought OW operated on Favor The Shooter. Shoulda been a kill. Did you record it?

it is not lag, because i have 30 ms, and the mccree is probably around the same ping. it is the syncing of the movements on 2 clients using the server which causes a lot of issue. because more than a few games when you can notice a very long reg time for you arrow to hit as hanzo even at point blank range. when you ping sits at 30 ms. and when you fire into the enemy, their hit boxes are wonky and you can see the arrow going through them or seeing your arrow curve mid air away from the target.

Yeah, but a cursory search only got me videos a year old. Point is, even if I found something what good is it if it’s a year old?