So i watched some OWL today

So tell me again what the tanks do now? In the matches I watched the tanks were irrelevant outside of Zarya ults.

3 Likes

What Match did you watch? The top teams are top tier because of their tanks, it’s still a highly impactful role, as an outlaws fan, Danteh makes or breaks our doom comp

3 Likes

what parallel universe have you been watching OWL in my guy? tanks decide the outcome of matches

I mean to be fair Shock is dominant this stage (basically looking like by far the best team in the league) because Violet gets to be Zen.

In their more serious match against the Atlanta Reign, Viol2t was actually on Ana while FiNN was on Zen. FiNN said this was because Viol2t could also flex to Baptiste, and keeping a player on one hero when it works is ideal since it generates consistency.

The real reason Shock is so dominant is because everyone gets to play comfort picks in this meta. Coluge’s comfort pick is Sigma, Mikey’s is really any main tank, Kilo’s is Widow, Proper’s is Tracer, S9mm’s is Echo, and FiNN and Viol2t share a hero pool. Plus, the DPS line (namely Proper) is just ridiculous.

I’m a dedicated Shock fan and could tell you about them for hours, but this is a short explanation of why they’re so good this stage. Hopefully they don’t get screwed over by LAN nerves like they did in the Kickoff Clash.

I mean first stage they kind of coasted on an easy schedule and even with that you could tell that first seed was deceptive. I think that result at the LAN was pretty expected.

This stage, with the harder schedule, they just look a cut above the entire rest of the league.