So forced losses were a thing after all?

That’s the nature of the game. I get solo targeted a lot as Ashe. An unchecked Ashe or dps should be targeted if you want to win.

The trick is to build a good character pool. So you can swap to something.

Now again why can’t your team swap or figure something out… they could be a stack not knowing what’s happening, or the team balancer out of skew.

But you have to owe to your self to have a good character pool to rotate.

I have at least an hour on every hero. I have those I favor but I have played every character to get a feel for them and see what I like which has enabled me to understand them better. It’s not Hero pool that is the issue with me it was that I get forced into a game with a mid team against another mid team that swaps when I destroy them and then I lose. I get punished for being good.

This goes into why we say forced wins and losses are bad. If I’m playing great then I shouldn’t be forced onto a bad team against a good team to force a loss upon me because I’ve won too many or because I’ve been popping off. It’s just absurd and makes for bad competitive gameplay. It’s rewarding bad players for counterswapping (which gets way more value than it should) and punishing good players for actually being good. I’m not going to fool anyone saying I’m the best there ever was but if I play tracer and I’m stomping the enemy team them swapping shouldn’t result in an immediate shutdown. It should be closer to a draw of sorts yet that isn’t what happens.

1 Like

Who could be behind this hidden comment? Oh, no surprise.

1 Like

If you think forced losses are a thing. Don’t play the game.

They never have been a thing, but if you’re that lost, it’s best to stop playing.

Oh I agree. I honestly think this is where stacks are the issue. I find this when playing with a group of of 4 people not in voice, they come in the lobby together and leave together.

The issue is, stacks… if treated like people, need 50 games A SESSION. So at first they are placed way out of their place.

Now if this happens and it’s all solo queue… (which is impossible to prove thanks to blizz) those are the games I go back and really try to find the reason. Usually it can’t be found during game. And just remember this game is not even about how well your aim is or what comp you think its best, it’s how well can you adapt to folks who are idiots.

The issue is playing video games with friends…

We’ve hit new lows if that’s a “problem”.

The devs themselves have literally said they have made the matchmaker so that it puts you where it thinks you belong. That’s a forced 50/50 w/l. It decides where it thinks you are supposed to be and then literally forces wins and losses by pulling enemy players that are higher or lower and teammates that are better or worse. It is an actual thing. If you can’t listen and see it then the problem is yours.

1 Like

People will interpret things how they want, especially when they already have the belief something’s up

It isn’t. And to directly quote them…

"Q: Do you deliberately place players into winner queues and loser queues?
A: There are no winner or loser queues in Overwatch. Your current MMR is the only thing the matchmaker takes into consideration when forming your matches. The matchmaker doesn’t force a 50% win rate on anyone, nor do we favor certain players over others.

At its core, our matchmaker is a mathematical formula used to place similarly ranked players together in a match with the goal of creating as fair of games as possible."

“If you can’t listen (or read), then the problem is yours”.

G*mer discovers that if you are not good enough to beat better players, you don’t win as often.

The game doesnt “Force” a loss as any match is winnable. But there are things behind the scenes forcing an artificial grind. Its most notable on old accounts and im currently testing the theory with season 9.

So far on this old account im at 25hrs to go from predicted starting rank of placements of Silver 2 to Plat 3 then ending at Plat 5. My Doom skill level is much much higher then plat/diamond.

Now If I take a new account I should be at Diamond minimum based on just placements and a few games. Which im going to test aswell once I hit Diamond on here.

Its wonky and I think most people on here just want answers as to why, also a ladder that doesnt require you to play 8hrs a day to climb.

I made a comment about blitzing the ranks which I just did but oddly enough on support and on heroes I dont ever play. So I personally want to see more transparency with the system

So why is the average rank shown for a team. And why are groups limited by rank? If rank has no use besides being a shiny icon they can manipulate for engagement then get ri… I suppose that’s the point isn’t it.

This is the same company I’m supposed to believe doesn’t manipulate matchmaking as well?

The whole old new account thing is a bit of a myth.

Yea, you’ll have a different rank. But the MMRs will be similar and the ranks will balance out over time.

My main is happy in D1/2. New account quickly got M1. But the over a few seasons it slowly leveled to around the same point as my main.

Could they give us more information to clear it up. Yes. Do they need to. No.

If people want to believe in ghosts and fairy tales. They can.

How long do I have to wait for it to balance out? I’m silver on my main (peak plat 5), and masters on my alt with a peak of gm3. I’ve had my alt account for about 3 years and played around 300hrs on it.

How longs a piece of string…

Different hero pools on each account?..

If the time it takes to balance out is years then it might as well not balance out at all. So the “whole old new account thing” is not a bit of a myth after all.

I actually thought the same as you and played my alt account hero on my main and nope. Games way harder at a much lower rank. Switched back and it’s like night and day. I’ve given up on my main as it’s a right off at this point. Shame as I have all the skins from OW1, a lot from OW2 shop and everything from all the BPs unlocked. Not that it means anything, but still.

You missed a question…

Also factors like how many games did you throw, who carried/boosted on the other. If at all.

So it is a myth. As such extremes imply somethings going on.

Looks like that account might be worth a bit. I didn’t realise. Not sure you can sell console accounts though you never used to be able to, but then I guess now they’re all just blizzard accounts it doesn’t make any difference.

You can sell it. But it’ll get locked so the buyer can’t use it.

If you can run quick, it might be a good scam.

New old account is not a myth, the energy required to keep a “new account” is high too high for an average person to maintain.

Every season, you can only play a limited hero pools and limited time. The moment your caught playing too much and your CERTAINITY starts to lower… or your caught playing a toon your not used to for counter watch… yea the mmrs will converge.

IF the mmrs are so wide… couple of other factors come into play. 1. Metas 2. Inter rank metas differences…

I havent experienced any of my accounts being the same elo. I have some in gold/plat/diamond/ in ow1 i was even higher on my main as a doomfist one trick.

To this day the accounts are not the same ranks. And i can still climb a new one faster then an old one.

Ive personally climbed the ranks in many other fps and competed in local in person competition. Im around 20k plus fps hours over the years and not a single game does what overwatch does.

I agree you can always climb but I disagree that there is not an artificial grind forced. I took a year off to climb in other games and its a breeze. Then come back here and its so blatantly obvious