So Deadlock was founded in 1976

mercy omegalul

1 Like

That one is also iffy because not every gameplay mechanic is a part of the lore.

1 Like

Yeah ingame she has rez but the game isnt canon theres no proof she can rez in the lore

Rez isn’t canonical. She can bring people back from the brink, but not even Genji was dead.

3 Likes

I mean it make sense that she wouldn’t age normally . if she messing around with time travel ever time she uses the device she literally get younger and older (reversing time to dodge attacks ) . It like she in a time loop in a parallel universe out phase with are reality (Current particle cosmology point to like the existence of like Lol parallel worlds with string theory ) so that could be it . She lives in a bubble of space time, different from the one Winston lives in . The device just seems to let her stay and visit .

1 Like

Where did they state it wasn’t canon?

They stated that not all abilities in OW are canon; it’s safe to say that rez is not one of them (I think the question was asked regarding rez specifically). Theoretically she would have brought Gerard back if this was the case

4 Likes

Uh this is Jeff from the ow team, I want to state that overwatch is actually taken place in 2015 and the world just happens to be more Advanced than ours bye

5 Likes

Iirc the question was about Zenyatta’s harmony and discord orbs.

Oh! I remember seeing something about this a few months ago. They discovered “Tracer-like” particles in some underground machine in … Switzerland? I think?

I can’t remember the name of the thing, but it was built solely to find unseen particles and test theories like this, IIRC? But apparently they DID discover particles that transcend our plane of time and space. That was so freaking cool. XD

But sheesh I’m getting off topic. lol I’m so bad about derailing threads unintentionally. XP Sorry, OP. >.<

As for Ashe … I do think we need some word on this. I don’t think she’s that old (or a vampire … though that would be AWESOME XD). But I do think it could be a retcon or, as I said, a Deadlock 2.0.

1 Like

Ok now that I look at the tattoo… It’s pretty obvious.

Deadlock REBELS was founded in 1976.

Deadlock GANG was founded by Ashe and McCree almost a century later.

Deadlock Rebels was probably more a crime syndicate, whereas Deadlock Gang probably partake less in organised crime and more on heists. That’s my takeaway.

12 Likes

They had the technology atleast 9 years ago, since mei was in cryostasis for 9 years. And it was obviously not very good, because almost everyone died. I think its still plausible that she herself is from the 1976, hence the lever action rifle compared to alternatives. if she is 36 (i think) and born in 1976, then maybe she had gotten hold of cryostasis technology pretty young because you see pictures of her in her youth with mccree, lets say she finds the cryostasis technology in 2000, putting her at 26 years old, sounds about right. I think her having cryostasis is reasonable because in the short she takes down a military train, and doesnt even seem super excited about it; like shes done bigger, like stole cryostasis technology. And if i were the head of a prominent gang, i would definitley go to the future if given the chance to continue being a gun slinging bada$$

Is Ashe the founder? Why would her being the leader necessitate that she created it? Yakuza have existed for thousands of years, but I doubt there’s some millennias-old dude running the show…

Eh I am talking about actual science where doing right now . the consenus most aging is just damage to the body but different kinds of damage that effect different part . and There are animals that do not age . Aging isn’t necessarily a biological finality for all life . there a species of jelly fish for example that regenerate endlessly . Look up the immortal jelly fish Reality is Stranger than Fiction. And there have been successful test on Animals to reverse aging in mice and what not . It a werid scfi trope honestly we throw all this advance technology and feats and genetic enhancement lol… somehow we still age like present day , we don’t even age like we did a hundred years ago .

Yup. Found it. I’m gonna post this video on Wyoming’s thread if it isn’t there aleady as well. It was about Zenyatta. They haven’t said anything one way or another about Rez.

And how exactly does a tattoo constitute lore?

I mean, people get tattoos with spelling mistakes, and somehow that doesn’t mean we should fix the dictionary.

9 years ago is much newer than something happening in 1976. The tech is obviously cutting edge and prone to malfunction, there is no way it existed better in the 70s and that both Jesse and McCree used it.

It makes zero sense. She’s done heists before because she’s a major leader of the underworld not because she’s in her nineties.

She’s a founder, yes. McCree is also strongly hinted at being one too. There are 2-3 others besides them we haven’t met yet.

Along with the other three founders of the Deadlock Gang, Ashe started to make a name for herself with bigger and more extravagant heists.

This is from her hero page.

1 Like

I didn’t comment on what you said, but in Overwatch we haven’t seen anyone deage as drastically as this would require. And they edited the tattoo to remove the established date. It is far more logical to assume it’s a retcon with the evidence we have, imo. The tattoo has definitely been changed.

And this confirms blizzard has no idea what to do with the lore and we won’t be getting much of it save for the tiny bits every 6 months😡

Wasting opportunities😭

12 Likes