So... Comics. Still a thing?

I also had no idea that producing a single comic was around $150,000 wow, that’s expensive but it makes sense. I was wondering how or if comics we’re still a good business to get into, but now I understand.

Also this makes me wonder why we haven’t gotten any Overwatch novels, I think they’d do great. I used to buy all the Halo novels, I loved them.

1 Like

At first they slowed down making shorts and comics, then events started to get recycled… I wonder how year 4 is going to be like…

1 Like

Wow. It’s sad that that one page adds more lore to Zen than OW has the past 3 years.

Are you going to answer my question or not? How would you, personally, release lore in a way other than comics and shorts?

Do you have any sources for that?

N o o o o o o o o o o o. :roll_eyes:
Does it seem like I had any intention of elaborating my first post on this thread any further?

He is Red Shirt guy #2.

This is the original Red Shirt
guy reminding Metzen, wow’s lore guy, that Falstad isn’t dead.

1 Like

I’m not content with leaving Blizz out of the blame wagon on this one.

If I had to guess they’re busy with another Overwatch title.
Given the success of the Overwatch IP, the response to Uprising, the trend of co-op live service PvE games, Blizzard saying they are in “phase one”, Idon’t think it’s such a huge stretch.

So yeah, maybe we won’t get as many comics, but will get a whole game instead.

Say what you will about Team Fortress 2’s comics being as quick as continental drift when it comes to them coming out, at least they did come out! And, they advanced the story, AND they were packed to the gills with comedy, action and even a few touching moments. Overwatch…simply doesn’t have that.

Bastet was 4 months ago wasn’t it?

Bastet was a short story, not a comic.

And how was it presented? Pictures with words. Same style, different outcome. It’s a non animated lore well

Activision thinks lore won’t make any money, thus has no importance.

They don’t understand that it’s ruining overwatch in every way.

2 Likes

All Im saying is there really isn’t a better way to handle lore with the sort of game Overwatch is.

Yeah well that’s just, like, your opinion, man. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Really? I thought it was a law of the universe /s

Seriously though, you haven’t even tried to present another way they could be doing it. All you’ve said is that their current way sucks. From my perspective, I’m not sure if you’ve even tried to think of something else.

I’m not a Blizzard employee and I don’t work for you either, why would I do their work for them, and then submit it to you?

I already said my whole case in my first post in this thread. No need to go further but you are really clawing at it. Your perspective is clearly different from mine and that’s okay, but I’m actually not interested in it. I’m also not interested in writing essays back and forth with strangers just for them to tell me my opinion is wrong. It doesn’t work that way in the real world, it doesn’t work that way for me here either. Thanks though!

Edit: I went ahead and muted this thread, as well as silenced notifications from you. It was a pleasure, I’m sure.

2 Likes

If that is truly the entirety of your opinion upon the topic then I am left aghast at your lack of intellectual complexity.

You don’t have to work for anyone to come up with ideas. It wouldn’t have taken you more than 5 minutes to say “add secret unlockable voicelines” or some crap like that. If anyone has been grasping at straws here, it’s been you. Here I am, clearly and concisely stating my arguments, meanwhile you persist in offering no single iota of an argument other than “duuuhh… I tHiNk CoMiCs ArE DuMb.” I’ve simply asked for an actual claim, and you have responded only with ridiculous, nonrelevant claims about how firing Blizzard employees.

You accuse me of simply saying you your opinion is wrong, but that just couldn’t be true because you haven’t actually offered an opinion. You, on the other hand, have in fact blindly refuted my claims with nothing more than a statement that your one-sentence post contains all the answers I could need.

Go ahead and leave, I’ll still be here if you ever somehow manage to form an actual thought.

One guy says “not interested in arguing with you”

and the other one gets really mad and insults his intelligence with an entire paragraph, just because he didn’t like that the first guys opinion!

LMAO

seems like at least one of them had the right idea. not a good idea to go around insulting people on the forums just because they dont agree with you or even like talking to you! lmao no time for that BS!!

2 Likes