So... can we Buff Hammond now? šŸ™„

You know exactly what I meant with that.

Itā€™s definitely still there, but itā€™s a bit tricky and very specific. The ledge has to be high enough off the ground and you have to be far enough off the ledge for it to register properly. Itā€™s just more recognizing when certain ledges just arenā€™t high enough off the ground.

Can someone please tell me what Hammonds niche is? He seems to me like Winston but worse. I guess he has slightly better burst, but everything about Hammond is unreliable and Winston is the opposite.

2 Likes

Yeah the reload time isnt bad i think if we had at least 100 bullets. The whole ā€œout of ball formā€ think with adaptive shields NEVER EVER MADE SENSE EVER UPON FIRST GLANCE. And i think the adaptive shield thing is honestly pretty dumb. Just give us the massive health pool on cooldown the way it does. let it give us like 500 shield health for 5 seconds with a 15 second cooldown without relying on nearby enemies.

The range on his shields should have WAY more range. Its too small, and increase his clip size, about 90 or 100 should do.

They made a CD on grapple so he canā€™t just fly around the map indefinitely. Go into a custom game and put no CD on it, youā€™ll see what I mean.

The biggest two factors, in my opinion, that weaken him he needs CC resistances or immunities during his E and should be able to use it while in a ball. I think if they made those changes heā€™d be a pretty solid character.

hammondā€™s only chance against mei is counter-play.
if you can stay out of the range of her primary (grapple works well here) she will usually rely on the basic advantage of her kit and chase you. You can keep chipping and either a) grind her down or b) lead her away from the objective and use your superior mobility to beat her back to the point.
Itā€™s not without risk but Iā€™ve made it work and I have garbage aim.

What I donā€™t understand about Hammond is why his ult is so clunky. I understand itā€™s not supposed to be a sextuple kill ult. But that being said, itā€™s very easy to cancel, very easy to shoot the mines, and very easy to disable while the mines are still activating. At this point Torbjorn has the better version of what Hammondā€™s ult should be doing. IMO I think he would be a lot more fun if his ult was a little bit ā€œspammierā€ kind of like Tracerā€™s in that you arenā€™t supposed to get triple+ kills with it, but you do get to use it a lot to compensate.

dont worry sombra and mei will teamup and KILL ALL THE HAMMONDS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH