So... can we Buff Hammond now? 🙄

Don’t forget junkrat trap and sleep dart.

2 Likes

because I saw how ppl playing him, because i had a good run with him and because he is part of the dive meta

Quotes from another thread I came across

But you think he doesn’t need buffs :rofl:

5 Likes

If you asked the same thing about Roadhog, they’d all say the same thing, ult battery.

He’s designed to soak damage, the difference is, his shields don’t generate ultimate for the enemy team, where Roadhog feeds bigtime.

That having been said, I think the only real buff he needs is to be able to use his tether about 1.5-2 seconds sooner.

I’ve been desperate trying to get this hamster optimized for combat, including this supposed trick off of ledges. I have seen videos talking about it, but I suspect that it has been patched (nerfed), because I can’t pull it off for the life of me! Am I wrong?

But wrecking ball is meant to be a disruptive brawler get in displace the enemy team and get out. The only problem is the getting out part 90% of the time you’re just insta-dead.

1 Like

Hence why I said:

That way it facilitates him being able to get back out before his shields are depleted.

Unless you deploy your shield in the air you won’t be able to activate it before getting focused down. Even then the range on his shield’s enemy detection is only 7 meters so you rarely get enough shield health to tank getting focused down. His highest HP from his shields is rarely ever reached the enemy team needs to be brain dead to let that happen.

If he is so bad why is he picked so much?

Oh look it me.

The “Let down” was more directed at his appearance (lets face it, we were all expecting a monkey) but I stand by what I said about Hammond being under-tuned and easy to kill.
I think the main problem is that his kit is a little bit too niche, the swinging mechanic whilst a fun idea just feels awkward and too tricky to pull off effectively and outside of his ultimate (which feels more like a slight nuisance than an actual threat) he’s more an inconvenience than an actual thing you have to be wary about.
But on the other hand I think if he were to be buffed wrong we would end up with another D.Va problem in that he’ll become a hyper mobile flanker that dishes out lots of consistent damage and soaks up even more.
He’s just a weird hero IMO.

1 Like

I would ask the same about Reinhardt who is still a buggy mess.

Because he is the best tank currently?

Yeah I would agree if he wasn’t hard countered 6 feet into the ground by CC. Something we currently have plenty of.

1 Like

Because the mobility factor is fun, and once you master his mobility, he’s incredible.

As has already been stated though, there is very little room for error with his movement mechanics. If you don’t get in, do your disruption and then get out in a hurry, you’ll find yourself slowed, stunned, slept, walled off, etc and end up being a free kill to the enemy team.

1 Like

well, my job here is done.

Maybe I should edit that to say, “Because the mobility factor is fun, and once you master his mobility, he’s incredibly fun to play.”

So this way you don’t infer that I believe he is totally fine the way he is :smiley:

‘Main’ huh? How’s your FFA game?

That applies for every hero not just him so…

So once you master, Symmetras mobility, she’s incredibly fun to play?

What about when you master Torbjorns mobility?

:stuck_out_tongue:

The characters that have enhanced mobility: Lucio, Pharah, and Wrecking Ball.

Characters highly punished for their mobility: Pharah and WB

Characters with a hitbox the size of the moon: WB

Who needs to crit him when you can’t miss him?

2 Likes

Considering that a melee slap does 6x more damage than a headshot, I would say WB NEEDS MORE DAMAGE and nothing more. Other than that, I don’t see why WB should have a cooldown from being a wrecking ball… they should remove the grappling CD.

Everything else you mentioned, I would agree!

1 Like