Smurfs are ruining my gamss

I’m mostly talking about QP. If a guy comes in to my QP at level 10, completely carries, and when I ask him for his real rank he says he’s a masters player… I mean, that’s not precisely smurfing, but he’s playing well out of rank and ruining games.

Now imagine there are 4 low levels in every game and two are those guys and two are completely useless actual beginners.

2 Likes

They are not a temporary issue, they are a temporary low Elo in their own world But in my world I have a new smurf in every match going through the motions of ranking low and climbing up, because that’s how many of them there are. Then yeah it’s an issue. I see the logic. But no.

And to the person say we have new people coming to the game I shouldn’t have low level Hanzo players hitting every head shot. Or an Ash getting bob every minute because she’s destroying my team
A true person new to the game. Would not be in my competitive matches.

3 Likes

So you are saying that players at low levels can’t have good games ?
I’ve had games where I’ve gotten 8 self destructs in a single game as D’Va but I’m playing at the right rank for me.

1 Like

Link to your social media?

Here you go. (Time indexed for your convenience.)

1 Like

I wouldn’t be on here whining about smurfs if it was a once in a while occurrence instead it’s every other game that I have a smurf dominating the match. Just stop. Your arguments invalid.

2 Likes

A smurf is basically a coward and a bully who’s afraid of an actual fair match. They are also selfish jagoffs that don’t care about ruining other people’s fun

They’re worthless scum

7 Likes

You don’t get it, there are so many smurfs at this point, that when one smurf moves on to higher ranks, there is another behind him to join your games. In plat for alot of people, its every game/every other game. That is a testament to how many smurfs there are. I’m not concerned about the smurf i just met that i will never see again because he is climbing…Its the next smurf in my rank…and the next and the next.

You make it sound like we are encountering one smurf, that we wont have to worry about anymore cus he will rank up beyond us.

Blizz is choosing sales (too cheap), over the quality of the game. Its bad enough that they almost abandoned the game update wise because of overwatch 2 ( they admitted the lack of updates because of pve). This is the first time i have seen the quality of a VERY popular game, that DOESN’T need to go on sale (Because of said popularity), go down so far, at a time they claim the game is on the rise. It makes no sense.

But let me divide those smurfs into something more realistic. In reality, this massive influx of alt accounts have become - Smurfs, Derankers, Alts and Solo Throwers. In reality the problem with all of this is far worse than just smurfs.

At this point, every other game is about how many smurfs any given game has and which smurf is better. - Mitrovarr, thank you

We will only know why this is happening if they share active player numbers. Last year they said 48 mil players, then 3 months later they said 37 mil. Thats 10 mil players lost in 3 months (If they were telling the truth to begin with) and that’s probably why we haven’t seen a number since. Its why the game is so cheap now and is why there are so many smurfs ETC…and its only gonna get worse.

5 Likes

THANK YOU. Finally somebody understands. The only people defending this are smurfs themselves.

3 Likes

I had three sub 25s last game on the other team. Needless to say we were absolutely stomped.

It’s probably worse in QP but honestly it’s totally ruining the experience. Every game is about the smurfs. Which are better, and who has more.

4 Likes

I would say that 99% of those you call ‘smurfs’ are just players that are better than you.
They are very rare. If they are throwing etc. then report them but otherwise stop calling anyone better than you a smurf.

1 Like

Today I decided to try avoid and dodge all QP games with smurfs in them. After 5th dodge I decided to stop dodging them and quit playing the game after the next 3 games which all had smurf players in them. For some absurd reason there’s massive amounts of them in the game at the moment

Was there some sort of a banwave or something today or yesterday???

2 Likes

Smurfs are definietly not as common as y’all make it out to be. It’s as if you’re getting multiple matches against smurfs (i’ve noticed people throw around smurf all the time even though the player clearly isn’t.) what about those with a smurf in your team? i’m sure a lot of those you label as smurfs actually aren’t and they’re just performing well.

1 Like

Odd been playing since release and in all that time ( 60+ hours so pretty casual) I have noticed exactly … wait none … smurfs in QP which is 99% of what I play

My profile is public so knock yourself out and look.

I don’t know what release or previous times has to do with the current abundance of smurfs in Overwatch. Don’t just ignore the context here. I have (checking in-game, please wait and also making my profile public) 892 hours of which 594 hours is in QP. I’m well aware that smurf accounts haven’t always been this absurdly common in that gamemode :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s just my high MMR in QP which should be the same as the smurfs’ if they’re GM players: https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Jonseredi-2992

2 Likes

Wait, thought smurfs was high rank (like say … GM) playing at lower rank ?
If your MMR is GM rank those aren’t smurfs those are GM players in GM rank.

Smurf would be you starting a second account so you can play with someone like me.

2 Likes

How can they be in GM rank when they’re in QP? I’m just calling alt accounts smurf accounts here because that’s what they basically are before their competitive MMR settles in and they start playing with players in their own rank. The matchmaking in QP you see works differently than it does in competitive so smurf accounts get lower tier opponents against them frequently in QP even after they start getting higher MMR players against them

EDIT: If you’re confused about the “QUICK RANK” in Overbuff’s statistics it’s not the same as in-game in Overwatch. It’s their own ranking system on their site that looks at your performance statistics and achievements and then compares them to other players on the site to give you a rank. For example with Orisa in my profile you see I’m 98% or 2167/120830 which means that there are 2166 Orisa’s who have performed better and achieved more than me in QP

1 Like

Wrong, I’m low rank and hold my own in QP against everyone that I encounter. Yes some are more skilled, some are less skilled but it all evens out.
MMR is still active in QP.

Here is my Overbuff profile btw

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Soma-1413
And here is my overwatch playlist on youtube (of me playing and getting POTG etc.)

Do you know how MMR works and what it actually means in OW? MMR is MatchMaking Rating which is basically an unknown string of numbers that represent your “skill” when the matchmaking tries to find players who have similar MMR with you. That MMR is unique to all the gamemodes. So if you for example play with plats with 50% winrate in QP until you’re lvl 25 and then climb up to Top 500 in competitive, your MMR will not change in QP at all and you will face the same players you did back when you ended at lvl 25

Also the matchmaking systems themselves are different in both gamemodes. Competitive for example has an unique rule where the system will not initiate a game if it can’t find a matchup that is according to it’s calculations at least a 40/60 chances at win scenario. So you can’t enter a game of competitive where you only have 39% winrate according to the system (in reality your chances at a victory can be lower because the system’s calculations aren’t 100% accurate ofc). QP doesn’t have any limitations like this however and there aren’t any MMR anchoring unlike in competitive where players below certain ranks can’t queue up with higher ranks for example.

In QP you can go from playing with GM stacks into playing with platinums after you win those games. I’ve had this happen to me personally many times as I play plenty with those GM stacks :slight_smile:

1 Like

The one way to fix this is to require you to register your SSN on your account (can only have 1 account).

1 Like