SMS Protect & Top 500

Hello Everyone. So this season of competitive Deathmatch I have decided to play the 50 games necessary to reach Top500. However, enabling SMS protection has been causing some issues. I already have the authenticator app active and added my phone number to my account, however it still says deactivated in the overview on my account. I’ve tried to enter my phone number again from the sms protect FAQ page, but it just says “Security verification expired, please start over” and I don’t know what to do now.
Also, once I finally manage to enable it, will I have to play 50 games from that point on or do they count retroactively? Cause I’ve already played a ton…

Additionally, this support article states that you only need your phone number to be connected and only play 25 games… What’s true and what isn’t?

This may require one-on-one assistance with Blizzard Support so open a web ticket here: Contact Support - Blizzard Support

Only games after SMS Protect has been enabled will count.

For arcade Competetive seasons or Open Queue you must complete 50 games. For any given role in Role Queue you must complete 25 games. To qualify for the Role Queue combined, you must complete 25 games in each role for all three roles.

Darn, so I’d actually have to play the full 50 games after fixing it… I think I’ll pass in that case lol. I don’t want it that badly. Competitive Deathmatch is not good for my sanity :smiley: Thanks for all the information though, that is still good to know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.