Smite 2s alpha made me think about ow2 alot

Smites 2 alpha makes me long for what ow2 could have been. Immagineing the talent trees for new hero playing missions with friends making heros even more personalized and then all we got was a shop rework and the removal of a player like im still mad they gave up on what ow2 could have been and playing smite 2 just made it worse seeing how a double a studio can give us more then a triple a studio did. Sorry for the weird post just thinking abiut what ow2 could and should have been

1 Like

I think Mirrorwatch does that enough. Haven’t touched role queue, open queue or arcade since it released.

2 Likes

Ya but thats just like a lick on the salt block of what we could have had i like mirror wat h when its not lagging but i want more of it for all the heros

I think that since Mirrorwatch is an easily repeatable theme we might get it again multiple times but with more heroes added to the mirrorwatch mode, limited time PvE modes, more map redesigns (Talon Gibraltar as an example), LORE for the mode (kind of like the space opera themed season that was Star Wars-ey and even got a comic) and another Mirrorwatch Mythic.

Then after a few years you’ll see all heroes have a Mirrorwatch variant and can be used in the mode and maybe… quite unlikely but maybe… they see how much people like it as the most popular event skin, mode and theme wise and start bringing back hero mission talents BUT for a permanent PvP mode to stand alongside unranked role queue, open queue, deathmatch and mystery heroes like it is now. Since they wanted to shift focus unto PvP and they see how much fun people are having in a PvP mode with PvE hero mission talents, they can start focusing on alternate movesets for all heroes based on some of those scrapped talents but used them for PvP.

wow another smite fan, best moba

I just wanted true pve where i could customize my favorite characters.

Yep and a support main in it as well lol

imagine a Smite x Overwatch collab ugh i’d kill for that tbh. Aphrodite x Mercy skin would go mad hard

They would make alot of money for sure

Hi-Rez actually kinda cares about their games lmao. I doubt they’d ever sell out to Blizzard for a collab.

When they first announced PVE in OW2 I was thinking it would be like Borderlands in the OW universe…

Why didn’t they just do that? Incompetent devs?

Surely the makers of Diablo and Overwatch could combine the two, which was what Borderlands is. A first person shooter Diablo…

1 Like

Lol watch its the other way around but for real overwatch skins in smite would be cool would love ne za skin for lucio and the other way around.

Did a whole play through of borderlands recently because its just so much fun bit make me long for the overwatch version

I mean, I say they care more, but I’m also not fully convinced that any modern game dev (outside of Larien, Arrowhead and, of course, all of the indie devs that put out bangers) actually cares about the product they make.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t bring in money, I’m just saying I doubt with all of the backlash Hi-Rez is getting for their own skin controversy that they’d ever even consider collabing with OW.

If the skin backlash is still a thing. I haven’t really been reading into Smite 2 a ton.

Not realy it never realy was one it was stupid people wanting 12 year old purchases to be held up. And as for arrow head they are in a weird spot we will see but its looking bad for the pc side.

It was a multitude of factors; all of which I believe to be lies.

The only person who fought for OW to get a PvE mode was Jeff. He and his team worked on it for something like 2 years, then it was scrapped because it wasn’t “Blizzard quality”, so Keller and his team slapped 3 short, worthless missions together in a couple months (speculation because something that had been worked on for a year would have more polish), then they suddenly came out with the “We need to double in size” nonsense because at that point, there were more people working on OW than there ever was originally.

The fact that budgets were probably getting slashed all over the place months before the layoffs definitely had a part in it as well.

2 Likes

I mean, if it’s going to be same exact skin with a slight graphical upgrade, it does kinda hold up in my opinion. And then to say “Oh, you have to rebuy it, but it’ll be SLIGHTLY LESS EXPENSIVE” is just a dumb to me. That’s like the whole god pass thing. You mean to tell me I have to pay 40 dollars again for the same exact product with less gods in it at launch? Even though all of the gods are going to be migrated over at some point?

I’m not upset about it, because honestly, I’ll never touch Smite 2, but I feel bad for the shills who bought the $70 dollar skins.

That’s fully Sony. It has nothing to do with Arrowhead. The CEO of Arrowhead was actually, from what I read, actively encouraging people to refund and reviewbomb their own game as a message to get Sony to figure out something else.

Any skin thats cross gen will be in both games and any old skins they remake will be full purchasable with legacy gems on top its not just a slight is a 2 engine leap and even the alpha look 10x better then smite 1 visually.

They still have the skins in smite 1 its not going away its just like old cod games and the 70 dollar skins are teir 5 skins and those will be transferred slowly over and if you owned them you get them free

It more the community manager not the ceo who is the problem and probably should be fired

Ah, so that’s what the people I used to play Smite with were talking about. I guess that’s cool. But, in my opinion, it’ll just end up like OW. Smite is going to have 4 different currencies for different things and it won’t be necessary.

I mean, that’s what they’re saying, but the second it becomes unjustifiable to keep the Smite 1 servers up, they’ll shut them down and it’ll force people to either buy the skins again if they really care that much about them, or they’ll just quit and never touch the game again. It’ll cost them too much to run global servers for 2 almost identical games. It’s why the OG OW servers didn’t stay up, even though Blizzard said they would back in the day.

I mean, I used to rent servers to play Killing Floor on and that cost me about $66 a month just to run for a few people. The cost to run servers for a game like OW or Smite would reach into the hundreds of thousands.

Yeah, I had to recheck my information, you’re right, but I don’t think it justifies them being fired. They care about the game and community a lot more than Sony does and that matters in the eyes of the consumers.

If they end up firing him, I’m sure there’s going to be an even bigger exodus of people than there already has been.

Smite in its 12 years has had 2 currency earned and payed and you can earn the payed they are adding a 3rd with legacy but thats just free money from smite one coming to smite 2.

Or the can open their own servers like old cod games do

Ya but again its a 12 year old game thats runs on ue3 and adoby flash it needed to be updated the game is slowly imploding on its self with how much they have pulled from smite 1 its actually insane what they have managed to do with ue3 and with the juml to ue5 they can hire new talent that alreayd can use ue5 unlike what they have had to do and teach people from scratch their homebrew ue3.

Also with ue5 we could see mods that are just skin changes for people so they could get old skins in the new game but thats just one possibility. We could also see a tenogen like service when people make skins for the game the devs approve of them and take a 30% cut from all skin sales

No they don’t brother, im a 10 year SMITE veteran and have seen it all. Hi-Rez’s has a reputation for killing their games. They almost killed paladins when Erez had control of it during the early stages of its development. Then he left… Even after Erez left, Hirez managed the game so bad that the player base still died. The same thing happened to SMITE recently. The devs thought a smart idea, would be to kill off Tanks (warriors and supports) and ever since then, the population of the player base has been steadily taking a nose dive because the game feels unbearable to play. Stack this ontop of other issues, like the terrible performance of their UI that they blatantly neglect. The recoloring of old skins, trolls abusing the report system, Left wing propaganda. All of which contributed to the downfall and death of SMITE.

Infact one of the Devs at hirez said the situation at the company Hi-Rez, is so dire that they almost had to shut down their company, because they cant afford to run their games anymore. They also had to shut down the competitive scene recently because of this. Hi-Rez believes that SMITE 2 will help the company rise from the ashes that they put themselves in, but it wont because they never learn from their mistakes. They just dont listen at all.

They also have an army of shills on reddit on YouTube at an all-time ready to isolate, gaslight, and takedown any disgruntled players who dare complain about the stupid decisions they make. I mean they are literally known for all of this too. DMBrandon spilt the beans on all the BS at Hirez and he used to be an employee if im not mistaken. Go watch his videos.

I used to love SMITE to death, but Jesus Christ, they really do not care about their games man. I can prove all of this with tangible evidence as a former fan.

Which makes no sense. I’d rather see people gems carry over on their account since you have to have a Hi-Rez account to play their games than adding a whole different thing. But, like they said, “It’d take 243 years of manpower” to transfer everything over. Yet they continue to add new skins to Smite 1 that aren’t cross-gen.

Not every game is capable of this. I point to the fact that if every game could be run on private servers, I’d be running Battleborne and Evolve with literally every dollar of my expendable income so people can experience good old games.

I throw Runescape into that equation. WoW for that matter since WoW and Runescape predate every fumble modern Blizzard has had. Neither have had graphical updates, both are literally fine. WoW has it’s ups and downs, but that’s because people love to hate Blizzard.

A game doesn’t have to look good. More than anything, it has to play good. Most of these devs care more about how it looks than how it feels nowadays.