Slow movement out of spawn area

• On PS4
  • Happens sporadically
  • Internet is great. I very rarely get problems with lag. This seems to happen even in an otherwise perfect, lag-less game.
  • Controller is fine. Happens regardless of charge level
  • Adjusting settings hasn’t helped
  • Noticed it with multiple heroes
  • Noticed it in multiple maps

Occasionally I’ll run (haha) into an issue where I can’t run (not haha) out of the spawn point. Upon respawn, my character runs as though they’re wading through mud - the movement (and animations) are noticeably slower than they should be.
If I can see the outline of my teammates fighting for their lives, it’s very frustrating that I can’t reach them quickly. It’s like one of those nightmares lol.

After getting about 50m from the spawn point, the issue corrects itself. I’ve never had this issue occur except during the first few seconds after respawning - it’s never happened mid-battle or anything. I’m not sure if distance from the respawn point or time after respawning is the trigger to “fix” the bug, as I haven’t tested it.
This doesn’t affect camera rotation or attacks/abilities. It only affects movement while exiting spawn.

To be clear, this issue is different from high ping movement, where the movement seems unresponsive to input, and your character suddenly teleports face-first into a wall. The issue I’m currently having is movement which is immediately responsive to input, but the movement itself seems to happen in slow motion.

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue?

1 Like

Same is happening to me. I see other characters floating and gliding through the map. Happens more often when I use any control other than joystick. Additionally, I sometimes get disconnected after character select with Error LC-202 (lost connection to game server). I’ve been banned for leaving game as well when I glitch out.

1 Like