Skrill - Rendering Device Lost

Hi I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER and I have been having this exact same problem I have tryed updating my drivers and they are all up to date please help!!

Hey, Skrill! I moved you over to a new thread. The other one was inactive for a few years, please be mindful of resurrecting older posts.

The Rendering Device Lost correlates with the Microsoft Time Out Detection and Recovery. To help address this issue, could you include a DxDiag file to check for any kernel errors and other causes? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Hi Caterpepi I think I posted in the wrong thread I am not having the rendering device is lost error it is the rendering device is out of space error should I change anything or still follow these instructions you gave me

Those errors are actually the same as the Microsoft TDR and RDL. Its just giving a more precise error with memory. I can see the “Rendering Device Lost” errors due to the Out of Memory reason.

How often are the crashes? Does it happen at specific times? If it just happened once or twice, it could be caused by issues with too many windows and tabs open. Try making sure to close any processes that isn’t needed during this process. Some other situations could be caused by other issues like VRAM or Memory, that we’ll want to check through the DxDiag requested above :slight_smile:

it happens every time I get into a comp match but im fine whenever I get into quick play ill do that DXDIAg thing now do I just post it in the thread cause I have no idea what that thing is

Skrill,

We never heard back from you - were you still having problems? If so, I’m replying back to make sure you can reply to the thread. Sometimes the anti-spam filter gets hyperactive.

yeah It wasn’t letting me respond cause of the anti spam thing I tuned down my graphics settings checked all my graphics cards drivers and updated them and never had the issue again I’m fine with lowering my graphics a lil cause I’m now getting around 250 frames so I’m happy with this

1 Like

Perfect, glad it’s working again for you! Thanks for reporting your fix - it can really help players in the future. If things come back, let us know. Otherwise, happy gaming.