đź’˘ Simple Shadow Step change that would make the Reapear great again

The Shadow Step ability was designed to help the Reaper to get into enemy back lines but now it only works as it designed only in certain scenarios and generally does not help the Reaper to be where he needs. The main problems is the line of sight. Most of the time to get into the desired position using the shadow step the Reaper should expose himself in the open.

Why not to change the Shadow Step targeting to something similar to the Doomfist’s Meteor Strike top view target selection this should give him the potential to engage into the battle from any direction. Shadow Step behind the corner near enemy line and go reaping.

To balance this new Shadow Step the Reaper should remain vulnerable while selecting the target location and while casting unlike the Doomfist. The more loud casting sound plus some visuals to show the teleport direction at the casting location and timings should give the heroes like Tracer enough time to kill him or at least spot the direction and notify the team if he was not too cautious. The ability potential could be further balanced by changing the casting time, timeouts, recharge time and so on. It may also be need to decrease his life steal. It is also required to hide enemies from the top view so the Reaper should be aware of where he teleports.

4 Likes

I like this idea, but I think he would still be pretty UP, I mean having a louder sound + showing tp direction etc seems a bit too much, I would probably remove some of those nerfs. Otherwise great idea!

2 Likes

It is hard to tell how it will be going on live but it has a large balancing potential in either way buffing and nerfing.

using shadow step to “get behind the enemy team” is a dumb idea. best way to use shadow step is to never use it at all.

So that was my the idea currently Shadow Step is heavily limited by line of sight and you can’t use it engage otherwise then TP behind the enemy line. If you could TP behind the corner or some column NEAR the enemy team without exposing yourself in open that would make the Shadow Step really useful.

Copycat: âš” Doomfish's Ideas Vs BTC's For Shadestep

1 Like

Wow. Sorry didn’t see it.

It’s okay… just make sure to comment on it. (edit: and not say I was copy you, Even though yours is an hour old and I been saying the saying the same thing since November plus mine today was 5 hours old… well I guess 6 now.)

It would make it better but it would be kinda OP because you would have visual on the enemy players from above. You would just tell you teammates where the enemy is. He needs a defensive ability. He doesnt need a movement ability. He needs some sort of defensive ability like having a smoke shield that activates and reduces incoming damage or something like that. Some sort of defensive. You cant have him going fast or he would be a nightmare. A defensive ability would allow him to live a bit longer in the middle of the massive team fights since he takes a big risk diving in.

I’ve specially noted at the end that top view should not show enemies on the map that will not only make it useless for spying but also makes it more skill based and adds some aware requirement when using it. So you just can’t TP in safe spot every time and you had to visually check enemy position before TP.

I’d be happy if it didn’t have to be pixel perfect to get to a ledge. So many times a team mate bumped me or I took too long and it defaults back to the ground.

I think the best option would be to give him a sort winston jump but with a smaller range and no damage dealt to other players when it lands, plus it would look so cool having his trail of smoke behind him

Geoff said they prob arent going to give him any mobile abilities. He would be kind of OP.

Im up for this

But lets revert that life leech shall we?

Geoff refusing to give a character exactly what he needs…and prefers to buff other stuff to bloat their kit uselessly

No slug shots and this would be pretty good. He doesnt need another ability. He just needs shadow step changed to a defensive ability. Hes getting alot of use now but his kit is still linear. I doubt Geoff will change anything now though because hes dead set on making shadow step a sneak ability for a dps that has to get up close with shotguns.