SIM lag spike intermittently

I am receiving up to a little over 100ms SIM latency spikes when playing Overwatch. I wouldn’t mind this if it was just general lag but it actually freezes the frame and is annoying. This occurs at all resolutions and all refresh rates. Here is what I’ve tried:

Update network drivers
Lowering video quality
My graphics drivers are up to date
BIOS is up to date
I have replaced the ethernet cable
Overwatch is running with high priority
I have tried windowed, full screen and borderless
Reinstall OW
Move to a different drive
I have 2 1080p monitors and 1 1440p monitor. I’ve disconnected all monitors but the 1440p and still experience SIM latency up to 100ms
Vsync on/off
Triple buffering on/off

Frame rate doesn’t really dip here and mostly stays consistently 120+

Ryzen 3900X
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB RAM
ASUS X570 Prime Pro MB

I haven’t tried bypassing the router but I’m betting that won’t resolve my problem either.

I’m not sure what else to try here and wondering if this is a hardware compatibility issue. I do not have any packet loss when this happens according to the network graph in game.

Any help appreciated - thanks!

2 Likes

Rollback your drivers, I recently had that problem, and it was horrible, but once I went back to the previous driver my my SIM stopped being so sporadic. Update me if it worked for you

What driver are you on? I have heard that a driver rollback will resolve an issue I currently experience in WoW related to DX12.

EDIT:

I rolled back to 457.51 and it seemed to be working okay. I played some more just a bit ago and the issue is still there. Although I have to say it’s not AS bad.