Silvers and plats should not be able to stack together

I played an early in the morning match in the latter half of the previous season. Enemy had like a top 36 tank or something, went by the name Bonecrusher if I remember correctly. I could be totally misremembering the number, maybe they were 436 for all I know but I digress.

One of the worst tanks I’d ever played with or against in upper ELO. Next match I played with/against maybe 3 or 4 t500 players & they were actually good, but it’s almost like a spark in me that “feared” the icon & what it meant was just completely snuffed out after my first encounter with the icon being that one tank.

1 Like

There really isn’t a big difference between silvers and plats. I was 1700 when I started playing a year ago, and I topped almost 3k… Even diamonds are the same as golds and plats. They still don’t communicate most of the time, they still use ults randomly. The difference between silvers and diamonds are that diamonds aim better, Genjis and Widows dominate, while under diamond they are free kills even for a Junkrat. Master and GM is where real Overwatch starts I think (no, I’m not even close to that level, and I won’t be).

It’s little details that makes the difference between those ranks. It’s like for those details that guess my sr works.

How is plat player boosting?

2 Likes

This would be fair… but think about how miserable playing with Diamond anything would be as a low rank player. It’s not fun to play with someone that’s trying to micromanage you constantly and using the skill gap to excuse their behavior. I think that’s one of the reasons people don’t appreciate stacks with wide SR ranges. When you start losing the higher ranked player often starts belittling the people who are just playing at their skill level.

1 Like

how isnt it?

8 characters

Can you answer my question please instead of giving me one?

1 Like

I’ve never seen this

1 Like

The skill difference between plat and silver is huge, especially mechanically. Yeah yeah they’re both still bad comparatively to good masters and gm players but if that’s all you can think about you’re missing the point. Yes, they make some of the same mistakes, but I’m high gold low platinum and I can solo hard carry in silver and mid gold. The difference is huge, regardless if you consider either of them to be “good” or not. Its irrelevant.

2 Likes

Top500 starts lower when the leardboard is up so it’s normal for someone to face top500 against diamond.

1 Like

Is this on console?

I only know for PC. The learderboard went up like 5 days ago and it started in 3.5k for all region and slowly went up.

1 Like

I think that both of you are missing the point here. Plat player and his silver buddy are not playing in vaccuum. They play in a team with certain average MMR against team with ± same average MMR. Not only Plat player has to carry his own weight, but he will have to carry his silver buddy weight on top of that to boost him. You have no ide how hard is to boost players in duo. No idea… If player is actualy plat, no way he will boost his silver buddy. It works only if smurf is on lower account. Like plat smurf on silver account carrying the plat buddy.

1 Like

Can confirm. I play with silver friends in my plat ranks. There is no boosting in that case. Matches are decided by which team can make more mistakes, not which team has the highest rated player.

2 Likes

It might be fair if neither player is a smurf but it will often turn the game into a 5v6 where you have one really good player on your team. Not really the best experience for a competitive team game. In order to play your role properly you need to be able to rely on your teammates to have a certain minimum level of skill and game sense. Once you reach plat it should be impossible to get silvers in any of your games. Same with once you reach diamond, you can no longer get any golds.

1 Like

You are right and I dont like to see bronze in gold game or Diamond in low plat game either. I was just trying to explain that if plat is with silver, boosting is really not the reason why they play together.

Sometimes it happens, the boosting but it is when lower ranked smurf is boosting the higher ranked guy. So opposite. In op case, silver boosting plat guy.

Ok then what about the games a silver player ruins because they are so bad they cant play is that still fair?

It’s not different than another gold ruining games because they’re so bad, the just have a smaller icon next to their portrait.

You could say golds & plats shouldn’t be able to group because the gold is ruining matches for a bunch of plats. You can substitute any ranks in really.

1 Like

The difference is gold and plat is a 500 sr diff and silver and plat is 1000