Silver Players Vs Diamond Players

Used to play OW1 Comp A lot now mostly QP because of the following.

In OW1 I was plat tank, but now my tank dropped to Silver, but I am playing games with Diamond players.

I don’t want that. That’s not fun. If you are going to de rank me to silver, then put me in Silver games. What is this?

The thing is I notice this change in the matchmaking for QP too. You guys had it fine in OW1. I know it’s hard to admit you were wrong, but just go back to the OW1 way. I know you said you wouldn’t do it, but do it. Please. No one is happy. They are playing the game because they like the game, but you need to change this. You sucked the fun out of comp.

2 Likes

It’s not real. They are fixing it next season.

This season you get to “enjoy” the visual grind of achieving your rank.

I started at Silver 2 for instance. Already at Plat 3 in under 25 wins.

But I am mostly playing the same type of players the whole time.

1 Like

Also got through my decay in less than 20 games.

My problem with SR vs MMR is that your mmr can be up against masters but your sr is plat.

Thats the equivalent of taking a grade 11 exam to see if you passed grade 8.
But some of your team mates haven’t passed grade 7…

Under these conditions you’re expected to get to grade 9.

I play diamond players in QP regularly lol. Im ranking up fast but I was Bronze 3 the other day playing people with diamond challenger title or whatever the hell they call them in QP lol. Again I must say my comp MMR a tad off, but im playing mains now so should make quick work of climbing. Also no, it wasn’t a stomp they were actually ehh lol. Hammond stronk! Also Rein.

Side note, thank you for making my mains viable Blizzard. Ive been sad.

1 Like

They could be a diamond mercy but playing tank in qp on a tank they never play. I personally use qp to practice and never take it seriously.

I use comp to practice & take qp seriously

Comp is full of smurfs after they let all the whiner back on to play

QP is more fun

Its funny, that the high gold/low plat games i played in the last 2 days, literally half the lobby has the “Diamond challenger” and “Master challenger” tags. The MMR system is really annoying, my friend was in GM when he last played, but that was over 20 seasons ago, and he just got back to ow2, and the match making decayed him to gold, but the matchs does not feel like gold or plat level, its more like diamond+ games.