*sigh* representative confirmed Lúcio emote unobtainable through tokens

Too those who where expecting to get that emote through overwatch league tokens I’m sorry to be the bare you some bad news.

The feels
Vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

2 Likes

Man, people really make mountains out of ant hills on these forums. It’s a cosmetic item. It literally has zero impact on the game.

I mean, I get it: you don’t want things locked behind pay walls. You want to be able to earn in game content by playing the game enough. Understandable. But Blizzard has to support themselves. They are a business. They won’t keep producing new content for a game if it doesn’t generate them any sort of income.

They have to make money somehow. Be glad they keep it strictly exclusive to cosmetic items. I find it funny that people love to live in a capitalist society so much, but then get surprised/appalled when companies do capitalist things.

27 Likes

…because this is a small indie dev company that totally didn’t make millions of dollars on loot box sales alone.

17 Likes

I don’t get what you mean paywalls what are overwatch league tokens isn’t that the same thing as paying the league players when you purchase league tokens? Also it wouldn’t be mountains out of anthills if it wasn’t spread false information through media. DBLTAP has sprung it to a bigger mountain hill from misinformation

Perhaps you did not read the final paragraph?

1 Like

It’s not that good anyway the highlight of all access was NYXL away Zenyatta

1 Like

Sigh.

Not only are they locking non-OWL items behind huge paywalls that force you to support OWL, they are also lowering the amount of content released with the events.

On top of that, they’re still making a bunch of terrible balancing decisions, i.e. everything regarding Mercy since her rework, nerfing Zarya when the problem was Hanzo, making Hanzo the overpowered mess he is now, etc etc.

I am quickly losing hope that Overwatch will improve any time soon.

10 Likes

They make more than enough just on lootboxes.

2 Likes

So if overwatch league tokens aren’t the same as what helps the overwatch league why should overwatch league tokens be different from the normal currencies you get in overwatch?

They are going to drain every inch of profit they can from us. That is how capitalism works. If people will buy it, they will put it out there.

Again, be glad they keep it restricted to non-gameplay altering items.

2 Likes

My mind is blown. How could they let that happen? Omg that is so terrible.

Overwatch is such a joke now

1 Like

I don’t know why you keep saying the Keep glad they keep restricted non gameplay altering items. You saying all the emotes lucio has now is gameplay altering?

I don’t think that was the purpose of this thread. Seems to me the OP bought OWL currency with real money, then tried to buy the emote in the store, but the transaction failed. What is a problem is having the emote in the store and people expecting to use OWL currency to buy the emote, but being unable to buy the emote.

6 Likes

That’s what I’ve been stating I bought Overwatch league tokens. Did I just make a huge misunderstanding of this post just cause I didn’t know overwatch league means owl? I seriously thought owl was some corporate and was the one in charge of all overwatch league teams. Yes I bought Owl currency but like I said the individual representative said that emote is obtained through twitch and twitch only.

Then I would assume it is a bug. It is shown in the hero gallery, has a price (different from other OWL items, too), makes an unlock sound. I think they do mean for you to be able to buy it (or somebody on the team did), but it isn’t working right with the patch.

1 Like
3 Likes

Is the representative misinformed…? Or are we…? I thought it’s a just all access pass thing. Anyway this representative was talking like the owl currency’s we have that is enough to buy the 300 currency and still unable to unlock it is a normal thing. Because they forgot to put the info it’s a twitch only purchase.

Exactly. We’re not entitled to everything just because we bought the base game. We get plenty of items for free by playing the game (free loot boxes or the coins through duplicates). Seasonal skins, emotes, intros, voicelines etc etc.

I mean, it says you can only get it with the OWL pass. As in, get the pass. If anyone thought otherwise, then it’s really on them.

Get ready to break it down with a new legendary Lúcio emote! This limited-time exclusive is available starting Tuesday, July 24, to all Twitch All-Access passholders. If you’re not already an All-Access member, go here to join. Read on to learn more about the great content you’ll get as an All-Access member.

1 Like

Hmm so in the end Owl currencies doesn’t do anything and lucios emotes owl currency stating its 300Owl cause it’s a deep web connection thanks for that response now I know why it isn’t unlockable the button is rigged to be confused that it’s unlocking something with the deep webs and that’s why it doesn’t allow you to buy it. That way overwatch employees can force you to buy the twitch all access pass. Thanks for giving me a valid answer.

Can’t believe they did that, the scumbag move.

3 Likes