Sick of "Leaver Penalty" when rejoin the game

I got DC’d on in a match today on Blizzard World. I was able to get back into the game in time to play most of the second phase ( defense) of the game in which we got a draw, but 50 SR was still taken. Why the heck does this happen when I did make it back and played the majority of the match.?!?!? Meanwhile, Technical Support said they are unable to grant back penalized SR period, which I dont believe. Are they trying to make people HATE this game?!!!?! I’m pretty sure Blizzard has the technical ability (and brains) to tell when someone returns to a game and thus did not abandon it, and therefore not penalize them 50 SR for nothing!!!

1 Like

If you take more than two minutes to reconnect, the penalty must still be applied. This is a rule to prevent abusive leavers from returning to avoid the penalty, regardless of match result. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here: