Sick and tired of this

I’ve been having the “Render Device Lost” bug since the RTX cards came out. I have absolutely tried everything I read online. I even underclocked both my gpu and cpu for this. Nothing has solved this problem.
Sometimes it is gone for a month, then comes back out of nowhere.

I won’t keep playing the game like this. We need a fix, right now.

1 Like

Hi, forum volunteer here. A small bit of research suggests you should direct your attention to nvidia for a fix. While Overwatch may be the only game you play experiencing issues, other games have problems with RTX cards, too. Take a look: rtx cards crashing game - Google Search

There was a recent driver update from Nvidia that has resolved the issue for quite a few people. Have you updated recently? Would you be able to post a DxDiag report?

I did already update to the driver 436.30, sadly, that hasn’t fixed much at all. Doing it a few times even didn’t affect anything.

pastebin. com/vNFwjXWf – As it seems I cannot post links, you’ll have to remove the space between “.com”, unfortunately.

**Edit because I also did try to delete my Nvidia profile and the “OverwatchTest” method. None of them worked out.

have you checked so the rtx is firmly in place inside your motherboard socket?

I am not using RTX card but i have the same issue and it started recently. It was happening once in a while which was ok but now it’s unplayable. I also tried to delete the OW profile but it worked for 2 days only.

https:// pastebin. com/3Ptdcmtw

I took time to remove the gpu and plug it back in nicely two days ago. Nothing changed.

Did quick play games because of 20h penalty thanks to crashes and it was fine. When it expired i tried compet and guess what, it crashed on the first game… Please help.

Checked your pastebin data

According to this you have an RTX 2060

driver date is dated back to May of 2019, if you are getting the driver from Geforce experience, stop, run, remove that and get the driver and install manually from nvidia.com/drivers

Here’s the source from the pastebin link, don’t worry nothing private is displayed here.

* Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce RTX 2060

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F08&SUBSYS_37551462&REV_A1

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 14127 MB

Dedicated Memory: 5980 MB

Shared Memory: 8147 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (144Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Topology: Internal

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Color Primaries: Red(0.654297,0.333008), Green(0.324219,0.625000), Blue(0.157227,0.075195), White Point(0.313477,0.329102)

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: KG251Q

Monitor Id: ACR0591

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: Displayport External

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP

Advanced Color: Not Supported

Driver Name: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_e2424f83c0e047af\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_e2424f83c0e047af\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_e2424f83c0e047af\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_e2424f83c0e047af\nvldumdx.dll

Driver File Version: 26.21.0014.3630 (English)

Driver Version: 26.21.14.3630

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1

Driver Model: WDDM 2.5

Graphics Preemption: Pixel

Compute Preemption: Dispatch

Miracast: Not Supported

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported

Power P-states: Not Supported

Virtualization: Paravirtualization

Block List: No Blocks

Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:True

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 05/09/2019 02:00:00, 961896 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown

Addtionally using the DDU tool to remove the driver and reapply the latest might be ideal for you at this time, I’ve been running an RTX 2080TI for a couple weeks now and have done 12+ hours of gaming with none of these crashes and I’m not using the trick Overwatchtest exe trick

DDU Tool
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

1 Like

My driver is up to date. I’m not sure where you found the information about it being from May, but both from the gerforce experience app and the website, the
latest version of the driver being 436.30 are the same.

Go look at the pastebin data you posted, scroll down and you’ll see that dxdiag is reporting the old driver date. i just re-posted what you gave us from the pastebin link, :woman_shrugging:

I suggested for the time being to not trust geforce experience, I’ve had issues with it in the past , so have friend of mine and I’ve seen Green MVPs here also a bit leery of it. :slight_smile:

You can also re-run dxdiag to see what it shows there, odd that it would be different but that’s what I found there.

After downloading the drivers from the nvidia website and installing them, nothing changed and the date remains the same in the DxDiag report. Seems like an odd bug to me.

I would definitely run the DDU tool, that would be really bothersome to me. I hope you get it sorted soon.

I also tried this, i used the tool 2 times and there is no change for me either. Game do not want to crash in quick play or at least it did not so far but once i start compet it crashes a lot and i can’t play it.

Lodrix sorry for messing in your topic again but i have the same problem.

Did you run the tool in safe mode ? it’s highly recommended to do so :slight_smile:

yes and i did it for 3rd time it’s still the same.
Why its crashing in almost every compet game but it did not crash a single time in over 10 quick play games, whats the difference?

Edit: 1st crash in QP, guess it was luck that it worked for so long but not the compet games.

Something major is wrong with your system, never seen that where DDU didn’t clean the drivers correctly. shrugs.

Did you run DDU while in safe mode? That’s generally what the issue is when drivers aren’t fully removed.

Also, any chance of getting some HWMonitor screenshot links (upload to imgur)? Maybe you have a voltage or cooling problem.

The problem with OW started after the last game patch it was ok before that. GPU temp when playing goes around 65c and CPU is around 50 so cooling is fine. Don’t forget that Lodrix is having the same issue as me.

I was replying to Lodrix but I guess I hit the wrong button. Troubleshooting two people in one thread doesn’t really follow the forum guidelines.