Show health pack locations through walls please

map memorization is probably one of the most important things for every role. If you really invest in the game and want to be at the top if you can memorize the map and always know how to play in positions that benefit you then you should start winning. This includes understanding how to position around healthpacks to make the most of duels. Also if you wanna see healthpacks through walls play sombra and hack them.

3 Likes

This is actually a really good plan
Back when I was low ranked I would actually spend a lot of time looking at the overhead view of all the maps with the healthpacks marked in order to learn the map and optimal duel spots so you should try it.

2 Likes

I disagree. I learned the health pack locations simply by playing the game. No special effort. It’s just part of learning the game. Playing the game is fun therefore I had fun learning the health pack locations.

4 Likes

cool story, it didn’t work that way for me

I actively play heroes that don’t rely on health packs, and now I don’t know where most of them are

Then youre a casual and shouldnt ask them to do something youre too lazy to do aswell

3 Likes

not lazy, you can’t expect someone to remember 100 maps

Yes you can and most of highrated player do it daily. Its completly fine as it is.

Get good.

3 Likes

nah, some people can remember pi to the millionth digit, that doesn’t mean people who can’t are lazy

Dont expect to push in rating if you cant simply remember healthpacks after hours and hours of playing. Also dont expect blizzard to make things easier just because you are not good enough.

3 Likes

this post isn’t about me climbing, it’s about what a game of overwatch is a test of.

I don’t think it should be about remembering where an absurd amount of healthpacks are located.

Its a skillset and you are either good at it or not.

Map geometry and remembering places with certain things is a big part about overall gamesense. No reason to prune it, sorry.

4 Likes

the game can change at anytime, don’t use the “I was here first” argument

I dont. And dont use the “im bad at the game so please give me more tools” argument.

Fml never understood casuals and their opinion but hey, you do you. Bye

4 Likes

I would have this view no matter how good I was at the game.

bye

Says they don’t have any problem knowing which hero can do what.

Also says there are too many maps and health packs to keep track of…

… The proposed solution being to add on a 5 minute “observation phase” at the beginning of each match to look where the health packs are.

You can take some responsibility of the matter yourself by looking at maps yourself rather than demand everyone suffers through 5 minutes of doing nothing before matches, or you can play a different game. Knowing/learning maps, skill sets, kits, and mechanics are all part of the game.

4 Likes

Right, Overwatch is a test of map knowledge, among other things.

Knowing a health pack location is basic map knowledge just like knowing a common Widow perch so you can stay out of her LoS.

3 Likes

I know you’ve already used the “those games aren’t Overwatch” argument but it is a video game which people play for fun.

Other video games which people play(ed) for fun had a lot more item locations to remember and nobody has trouble. Let’s take Unreal Tournament (1999). There were over 40 maps on release and that has expanded to ~170 (that’s only the official maps from expansions, there are tonnes of user created maps, too). As well as the normal stuff like knowing the map geography, common sniper positions, etc. you had to remember the locations of:

• Weapons
  • Ammo for each weapon
  • Body armour
  • Thigh pads
  • Shield belts
  • Damage amplifiers
  • Grav belts
  • Health packs
  • Health vials
  • Keg O’ Health
  • Invisibility
  • Jump boots
  • Scuba gear
  • Spawn points

People didn’t put special effort in to learning this stuff, you just learn it by playing.

But sure, remembering the locations of mini- and mega-health packs on 21 maps (31 if you count control as 3 maps each, which I don’t) is way too hard.

And your argument excuse about not playing heroes which use health packs much is a very poor one. Even if you don’t use them yourself it’s important to know where they are so you know where your enemies who do use them are likely to be or run off to when you get them low.

5 Likes

&$%#!

I forgot to get the Unreal stuff while it was on sale on GoG

4 Likes

well jeff said sometime in the future, they’re gonna limit map rotations each season. so I guess my wish came true :stars: