Shouldve saved role queue for OW 2

been thinking about this cause i do realize that concept may be a ways away…but i think this system shouldve just been saved for OW 2 or future expansion or something of the like…

(and i would like to stress that i wouldve been ok with it EARLY in the game’s history)

why?

because you guys just implemented a Restrictive change into the game and im not sure that theres ever been another one (no limits in QP…maaaaaaaaybe…but again that was early)…we’re 3 years in…at this point people have established HOW they like to play the game…whether it be flexing, specific group comps (some people do play this game with groups of friends)…and you even when so far as to do this in QP as well (the biggest head scratcher)…so youre effectively telling a LARGE portion of the player base that “whatever it is that you do when you log in…yeah you cant do that anymore”…

Its not like people dont know that if you want to do well that you should probably set yourself up to be able to do that…work as a team…pair up…form a viable comp (especially in comp)…personally i think that SHOULD be part of your rank…the ability for you to be able to go beyond what your physical skill is capable of…you even went a step further and put in a LFG system that was basically “heres a tool to help improve your ability to do so if you dont feel like others are cooperating”…again…the OPTION was always there…

with this most recent change though youre basically undoing all of that and alienating who knows what % of the population (but you know its significant)…and for what? the games core issues are going to remain…its not like people are no longer going to be toxic, throw, leave…its not like people are going to win more often (global change…it affects the enemy equally)…its not like people are going to make viable 222 comps…(good luck with those dva/hog tank duos!)…its not like people are now going to start communicating all of a sudden…its not like the community has been “fixed” (the game’s chief issue)…the only thing that was accomplished was you forced a very specific playstyle (and if you want to be technical - you forced everybody into an LFG 222 group…which already existed if you wanted it)…yup…everyone is going to play as a team now!

Jeff said it himself…“without a behavioral change” they know that such a system is going to be extremely problematic…well they threw it out anyway…unless im supposed to believe that we’ve all come to our senses on our own in the past 5? 6 months? (when was that stylosa interview)…nothing has changed…

it doesnt even make sense in OWL anymore…the one place where you could always point fingers and be like “loooook…nobody wants to play that way”…

so yeah…if you think people have actually changed and this has “fixed” the game then by all means throw this up and let it ride…but youve basically written in a breaking point for a huge portion of people whilst simultaneously not actually addressing most of the games issues…i guess that means “fixed”…good job!

1 Like

So in other words wait 9 years for overwatch 2 to put in role que.

1 Like

I’m not sure they would invest into making a new installment for the game. Seems counter intuitive to how most other live service games are run. I don’t think well be seeing a fortnite 2 or a league of legends 2 annnnytime soon.
As far as role q, I don’t think they would have implemented the role q system if they didn’t have good probability that the q times would be reduced from the problematic amount , or they didn’t think the tradeoff is worth it.

Overwatch 2 isnt even going to a primarily a PvP game… Overwatch 1 will still be PvP, OW 2 is supposed to be focus lore and story according to the rumor mill. Why would they need role queue in that when it’s more then likely gonna be fixed hero choice missions?

1 Like

Yeah and split the community?
Also, we don’t even know when they’ll release a new overwatch game and if it will be the same thing or just a pve game.
Plus, it would hurt then to release a new game if they don’t fix the previous one where they can

1 Like

The issues of toxic players, throwers, leavers, people not working as a team etc, these are issues , yes. However, there isn’t really much devs can do about how people act toward each other in game. Sure they can silence, ban and whatever means they can but bans should really only be for the worst of the worst.

These are problems in basically ever other pvp based game and nobody else as been able to figure it out. It’s a bit unlikely that the overwatch devs will find the magical key to stop these.

But with role lock and 222 they can at least try to help balance the games we play. Make then more consistent game to game knowing you will have two of each role no matter what. Role based sr will, in theory, make it so you are playing with people at the same rank as you in their roles. No longer having 4 support mains on the same team against a team with two mains of each role. No more 4 DPS insta lock games. This helps the issues they can fix.

Toxicity, leavers, throwers are issues that need different changes to fix. I am not sure what they are as they have yet to be fixed in any game filled with them.

Overwatch 2 will be a PVE experience… this is a a competitive PVP, comparing this is stupid.

Role-Q is great i’m happy they finally gave it us.

how the gaming industry works nowadays…hell many dont even bother…let a game ride for a year and just release a new one…(and nobody knows what OW2 will be)

im just saying…had they done this earlier id probably be ok with it…but this is a game thats had time…the community has evolved (or de-evolved) into what it is at this point…youre not going to change that by simply saying “ok…do this now”…THIS change at THIS time - its not going to do anything but further divide the community and, like i said, alienate a lot of people

I would just like to say that all of OW 2’s supposed definitive characteristics , including it’s designation as a “2” are hearsay. We know nothing other than maybe some people who work for blizzard are working on something within the OW IP.