Shouldn't Transcendance counter Graviton+Dragons?

Is not about that, is how this meta is forcing Zen, Zarya and Hanzo on the ladder
People think that OWL was bad because of mirror comps, but ladder is becoming the same, Zarya, Hanzo and Zennyatta every game, and if you don’t have one of them, then, you’re underperforming

I understand that grav + dragon + damage boost + anti-heal = team wipe.

I think you are not willing to play off-meta and adapt. You want to nerf a team-based combo (which, btw, is what the game is based on).

“Decent rating”, as in Diamond and above, is 14% of the players. 4% if you think it means master and above.

Silver, Gold, and Platinum represent 78% of the players. In Silver and Gold most lack the coordination to pull the combo off. In fact, most of the issues there right now is Pharah and the lack of ability to shoot her down with a hit-scan hero.

Having said that, being stuck in a low rating or lacking mechanical ability does not mean lack of intelligence or understanding on the subject.

The “reason” is the pigeonhole principle and mob mentality.

There are only 6 slots to fill, and reasonably 2 per role. People tend to use and abuse the most popular strategy, and because most people believe something to be true, they will believe nothing else. Balancing changes disrupt this and opinion “shifts”.

This does not mean that what is “meta” is the only way to do things. And if some other thing becomes popular, regardless of balancing changes, opinion shifts again.

Maybe I’m missing something here, but the pick rates are:

All Ranks:
1 - Mercy at 9.69%
2 - Reinhardt at 9.38%
3 - Moira at 7.87%
4 - D.va at 6.46%
5 - Brigitte at 6.27%
6 - Hanzo at 4.93%

Grand Master:
1 - Reinhardt at 11.10%
2 - Zenyatta at 10.92%
3 - Mercy at 9.67%
4 - Zarya at 9.40%
5 - Hanzo at 7.84%
6 - Brigitte at 7.20%

Not sure where 5th most picked at 12.22% comes from. That’s not what I am seeing. And given 2 slots per role in general, and 6 slots total, this is going to happen regardless of how well balanced the game is.

Sure, that’s fine. But I am going to defend a team-based combo. You know, how the game was meant to be played.

Throw a Ana nade in there and Trans is completely useless…
Forgetting that the enemy team has an Ana in there too, lol, who cancels healing with her nade.

zen ult does counter grav+dragon… if no one does additional dmg like reinhardt swings, hanzo arrows… its the additional damage that zen cant outheal.

With such a long post I feel like I had to give you the courtesy of a response.

1. I never directly said grav dragon should be nerfed, just that it doesnt really have a counter, im not going to include genji or dva deflect/reflect cuz of how rare and unreliable it is, and them still being bad choices into the meta comp of rein, zar, hanzo, brig, mercy, zen. Stay spread apart is the only real way not to be killed by it, but getting just 2 ppl in a grav is enough to usually win the team fight.

2. I am mainly speaking about the top ranks since that is my experience, and that is where hero choice matters most. Through every meta plat and lower hasnt really followed it and it works just fine there. People play what they are good at and thats enough, if a team rarely runs the meta, the other team doesnt have to either.

3. On overbuff im only looking at this week in terms of stats, patch was on may 3rd that brought hanzo and season started on the 1st. Looking at the past month will include part of last season with a different meta. So thats where the pick rates comes from, and if you look at gm for this week, you will see how few heroes are actually being played. Looking at all ranks the pick rates are no where near as bad, due to lower ranks not being forced to play meta comps since most teams dont.

I’m going to post this here and point out that there was an ulting Zen and Brigget, with an amped up Lucio in that grav and there still wasn’t enough healing to survive that the entire team dumping on us with an ult weaker than DS.
Config tank does 205 every 1.11 seconds and DS does 200 a second and hanzo is free to do whatever he wants after it’s cast.

ht tps://youtu.be/98WCZ0gbXjw

Wait, three ults will beat two ults? That’s absurd
/s

This thread in a nutshell:

OP: grav/DS is too strong. There is no counterplay. Nerf Hanzo.

Everybody else: Yes there is. Here it is.

OP: not if the enemy use teamwork!

Everybody else: Yes there is. Here it is.

OP: :: Ignores this and goes back to step one ::

Repeat about 12 times and you have this thread.

Would also like to point out that despite the enemy using three ults against your two ults, your team still came out with two people alive.

It does counter it. It ceases to counter it once it’s damage boosted because now three heroes are attacking instead of just two.

because its logical that 3 heroes combining ults and utility can counter trans

even if zen was able to stop all that then everyone would just run ana for the anti

I do see a loooooot of gravdragon combos in plat, where meta matters less. Zarya and hanzo are in a lot of games–Brigitte too.
SO yeah even in plat we see those, but it’s true that if someone wants to play dva or roadhog or another dps than hanzo, we do that.

Now, I think new symmetra WILL offer counterplay to graviton with her new tp. So she might offer more counterplay.