Shouldn't Transcendance counter Graviton+Dragons?

It’s the slowest charging ult and requires your team to follow up on it. If it was easier to escape it’d be kinda pointless

1 Like

Add 6 boosted Storm Arrows to that statistic.

1 Like

To be fair it was still considered one of the best ults when movement abilities got you out.

The biggest issue, imo, is how fast Hanzo charges his ult now. I was playing as Zenyatta this weekend and in one of my games, a Hanzo got the jump on me. He blasted me with several of his storm arrows and then finished me off with a reg arrow. During the replay, I saw his ult go from 82% to 100%, just for attacking me alone. 18% seems a bit excessive for what amounted to about 8 seconds at most.

1 Like

No your back and forth is ridiculous:

“Well zen can counter”
“But then you can nade”
“But what is their Ana nades?!”

It’s a big rock paper scissors match and honestly probably wouldn’t even play out properly when push came to shove

It was but she also went through a long period of not being meta, that change was kinda put in to help her along

1 Like

Yes but then why should two ults be countered by one? If you really don’t like it you always have your team wiping ults if you are smart and run the meta then you yourself have the same thing. Use grave and the dragonstrike they trans? You win most of the time.

I am pretty sure there are a few counters to the combo, if timed correctly. Like Reaper’s shadowstep?

Stop saying there is no counter-play.

Counter play:

• Defense Matrix
  • Deflect
  • Positioning
  • Transcendence

Transcendence counters Grav + Dragon Strike used by itself. Anything else that buffs the damage of Dragon Strike or negates healing involves 3 heroes. You cannot expect a single hero to counter 3 heroes working together.

Hell, the top 3 listed avoid the combo entirely.

Instead of complaining about how “there is no counter play :cry: - learn how to avoid it. Learn how to lessen the effect.

On top of this Moira, Reaper, and Orisa can completely escape Grav by using Fade, Wraith, and Fortify. Press the button and completely get out of it.

4 Likes

It’s also two ults and a third character fully committing to the boosting dragon (I’m not saying it’s hard I’m saying it requires a third characer to be done. Ana and Zen can counter grav and dragon with grenade and Trans, but Ana sucks so she doesn’t see play.

Don’t get me bad, but the higher your elo, the more common you will face such combos, and how dirty people play around them just to win a fight solely based on that
And if you think that Zen is optional when the enemy team has Zarya + Hanzo, you are really, really wrong

1 Like

It has been said multiple times that trans isnt enough healing through a dmg boosted dragon, 40hps from trans isnt saving stationary targets often. Dva and genji are both terrible in this meta, the very low change that they actually deflect or eat the grav isnt worth them being useless the rest of the match. So that only leaves positioning, which is def something people can do when they know enemy has a grav.

Holding a shield to block arrows is hard 4Head

I already said Ana isn’t the best pick.

I mean, you could counter play this meta by at least making an effort to not give Zarya 4 man Gravs.

3 heroes working together. Get that thru you head.

2 Likes

I mean, your original statement had literally nothing to do with Storm Arrows. You really shouldn’t just conveniently add in more factors just to try to excuse your first claim being so wrong.

Secondly, yes, boosted Storm Arrows can do 624 damage over 1.5 seconds (416 damage per second).
But two things to remember
A) That’s single target. When we’re talking about team wipes, 1 person dying to 1 ability isn’t going to change much.
B) There’s a reason it’s getting nerfed soon (not sure if it’s next patch).

No Zen wasn’t the one I’m questioning, more so the idea that BOTH teams would be running ana in this hypothetical. I mean you rarely see one let alone two

3 heroes played almost every single game, that still doesnt change the fact that trans often will not counter a grav dragon, idc how many heroes it takes when they are played anyways. Its not like those 3 are only there for the combo.

I don’t think that’s how it was explained.

A damage boosted Dragonstrike does not out-damage trans – it does enough damage that if anyone were to sneeze on them (like Reinhardt melee, Firestrike, etc) it would be enough to kill them.

Which is usually the exception you want when you use grav.

Trans counters the combo quite often. It only doesn’t when all 3 can actually work together to pull it off.

D.va is still quite often played. Moira is often played and can escape it entirely. And positinoing, no matter what the meta, is always important.

1 Like

Defence Matrix and deflect can counter it, but they never felt like reliable counters - even when Dva and Genji were more meta. Both abilities need to be off cool down and timed right - honestly how many times have you seen Genji reflect a grav?

Over all Zarya counters Dva more than Dva counters Zarya too.

Positioning isn’t really a counter - Zarya can just wait for the moment when at least two people get close enough together. Its not lke you can spread out after she fired it, besides that - so many aspects of the game encourage you to be grouped up somewhat.

You basically just rely on Zarya either holding it cause they want a 5 man, or miss-using it - that isn’t counterplay.