Should role-lock be removed?

Blizzard would have to find a way to make sure people aren’t dishonoring the system.

They can’t do it even with blocking player from picking anything, but tanks.

Blizzard just has to make current dpsy playstiles a support hero.

Do not add anything that doesn’t require dead perfect aim

If dps players aren’t happy then idk
But i can understand them currently.

The Problem with dps mains in open Q is, maybe all 6 flexed 4 games in a row, and actually wanted to play theyr best hero which unfourtunately is a dps hero

I’d love it if it was removed but that ship has sailed long ago.

Too bad?

20 characters.

Here is the thing - supporting abilities are generally inferior to DPS abilities, due to how they work.

Even one of best abilities so far - sleep dart - loses to instant kill.

So we are likely to have yet another “why our support isn’t supporting and only shooting enemy” issue.

So people play their preferred game mode and you want take it away because you don’t like it ?

1 Like

when 222 infested the game, it brought many severe problems to the game without providing any advantages I am aware of

Although the above is stated as if it were fact, it is an opinion…an pinion that many folks disagree with

From the point of view of those of us who favor role-less queue mode, a return to role-less queue mode as the main mode would be an upgrade

when and if Blizzzard decides that enough is enough with all the severe problems that 222 added to the game, they will removes 222 from the game no matter how many forum members declare it can never happen

if the modes were identical aside from queuing differences, I think there’d be a lot fewer complaints

but the allegedly equivalent modes are not equivalent

2 Likes

Oh yes, I remember it well.

1 Like

well yea i used to be under the illusion that people pick roles depending on what they actually want to play. it didnt occur to me that somebody could be psychotic enough to pick a role they hate, then throw the actual match, just to have shorter queues.
thats so unhinged that i didnt expect it to be as prevalent as it is now, and at the same time i really shouldve seen it coming :clown_face:

I’ve been getting queue times under a minute, for a DPS duo queue. I’m really not sure where this “queue times are awful” nonsense comes from.

2 Likes

Really not sure how you getting under a minute.
Its 15 minutes for me for GOLD[quote=“Superelf-218439, post:1, topic:623563”]
It would just be awesome to have a black women as a hero in game.
[/quote]

Orisa is clearly black.

I hate this forums. Fix it for god sake!!

Remove role-lock and I will literally quit, just like I did back when RQ was first available to try (I remember queue times being shorter on Public Test Realm than live…)

There is literally only one legit reason to ever go back to OQ and that is queue times. If OW2 can fix queue times, that’s it, it’s done, it’s great, it’s perfect, finito.

1 Like

Look at how failed it is. Especially these express passes no1 can even cash in. It’s an 11 minute dps queue and I can’t even cash in my 40 banked. Terribly out of touch with gamers.

1 Like

You say this, but don’t even say how they’re different because everyone knows that whether the OQ button is where the current QP RQ button is is completely irrelevant and nobody cares. Also nobody ever said that the gamemodes are equal because we all know that RQ is the superior gamemode and the main way to play the game around which balancing and all that kind of stuff revolves around simply because it’s an overall better way to play the game

However disregarding that you can still play OQ formats normally without bothering anyone. Heck even OQ comp shares the same directory as the superior RQ comp does

So stop complaining because they’ll never change their balance policies to not revolve around 2-2-2 (or upcoming 1-2-2) format(s) and the formidable tank/support playerbase will never agree to come play in OQ because they’re all just better off playing in RQ that treats them way better in practical terms

Yep. That’s what most of these topics are about and that’s the most cringiest part about them (not to say it was the case here, but more than often the underlying motive to make the topic is exactly this). Imagine having the audacity to ask the devs to remove an entire format of gamemodes only so that it would populate your own favorite format at the full expense of those other players. I could never imagine being this entitled

4 Likes

thats because Priority passes in general are a failure, the whole system worked for a day at best but because getting them is so easy it means more people have them, and if everyone has a priority pas then nobody has one

I agree and that’s because their dev team in general was a failure. Imagine lurking content creator discords for insights. Out of touch and layoff worthy.

Nope, I prefer RoleQ, I don’t like babysitting 5 DPS as Support <3

5 Likes

And I won’t tank for 5 DPS

3 Likes

It most likely will be removed for overwatch 2 if role passives are a certain thing. Otherwise you could stack multiple tanks and supports again to maker UBER GOATS. :goat: :goat: :goat: