Should role-lock be removed?

Right now the queue times are so bad I’m starting to think if 2-2-2 was even worth it.

9 Likes

No? There’s open queue if you don’t like role lock :closed_lock_with_key:

51 Likes

Might be cool if they tightened up the matchmaker for QPC. I might actually play it then. Or I’d continue to not do so, I’m not promising anything.

2 Likes

No.

Your precious OpenQueue is already here.

(Although it may be removed for ow2)

3 Likes

Remove? No….

But I do question the need for it….my roleless queues tend to be 222 anyway….and there’s like no queues for them….

6 Likes

No. Not a chance.

Old OW, and open que now, are painful experiences most of the time.

20 Likes

No. Most people prefer role queue. Plus open queue exists. So, you have a choice already.

8 Likes

I played open queue a month or so ago to see what it was like, every game was 5 dps insta locked. It didn’t take long for me to remember why I quit this game until 2-2-2 was implemented.

15 Likes

Role queue was the best thing that happened to OW.

23 Likes

just played a game of OQ and got one of the reasons I dont want OQ to ever be the main mode again , in a plat/diamond game a diamond healer playing their gold level dps because they dont want to heal. He wasnt the sole issue why we lost but something like that being able to happen aint good either. Then you also got the people who swap from main tank/main support to dps which doesnt help either

2 Likes

This happens like once or twice in every 10 matches tops. I’m a support main having to flex onto dps or tank most of the time and I rarely see anyone instalock anything. People seem to wait for others to choose and then pick roles around that choice. Anytime I see people claim it’s always 5 instalocked dps most of the time, I suspect of seeing it happen once or twice and somehow getting it twisted in their mind.

Either that or I’m the luckiest player in the world.

5 Likes

for 5v5 it most definitely should, and have everyone revert to their highest 222 sr

I do see a lot of swapping, but primarily it’s when we’re getting outplayed and dps start swapping to a different dps and then a different dps or a tank going from one tank to another, all in quick succession, which ironically results in us just never having enough ultimates to actually contest a point and win a fight.

1 Like

It is not matter of choice it is matter of population. When you reach diamond/masters in openQ you cant find a game there anymore. At that point openQ has no sense, but splits community.

2 Likes

If its that unpopular than role lock still shouldn’t be getting removed since its obvious a much larger majority of the player population prefers role que

5 Likes

I’d rather abolosh oppinion of majority, sicne this majority is not even competitive, that is why they had composition problem which lead to roleQ and its all problems (that what happen when you listen plat chat). Instead we do openQ as main mode and remove roleQ. Who want better competitive experience will climb to GM.

1 Like

If they’re playing the competitive mode than they’re competitive players

and if they’re not competitive anyway why would you force them to play with you instead of keeping all these people in this apparently not competitive mode while you keep your super competitive and full of competitive people open queue

just sounds like a bad idea all around mate

7 Likes

No, if they are still plat even diamond it is pepega players who just complain and do not dedicate themself to a game. Why would you listen them. Choosing purple mode do not make you comp. player instantly.

Why would i force them into open que in order to deal with them if theyre so bad to play with instead of just keeping open que seperate and playing with all the other “serious” players?

5 Likes

Nah, I could not care less about dps mains waiting the queues.
-dps mains always pick 3, 4 or more dps characters in qpc or open queue.
-dps mains want every support and tank nerfed to the ground.

So enjoy the queues :slight_smile:

1 Like