Should I change my username?

(Not for this account, this is an old account i never use)
Sooo currently my mains called BastionMain
sooo often people will be super toxic to me because they think im some sort of fanboy. Reality is, I’ve had this name for 4 years. Ever since the streamer has become popular its been infuriating.

The thing is, idk if i wanna change it. I’ve kinda “stuck” to this name and it has a bit of history behind it, it might seem a bit weird, but eh. I remember naming myself at my friends house, it was my first hero i played and apparently he was the hero “everyone hated” (well well well, it seems nothings changed) so I just did it for a joke.

so anyways, do you think I should change it?
also, I have a lot of friends who might not know who I am.

1 Like

Sure, change it to JunkerQueen
Or DMonMain
MaugaMain

I was thinking more like “squidward” (the cartoon character that everyone relates to when they’re older)

but anyways, why do you think its a good idea to change my name?

5 Likes

Dunno, honestly I have an alt and I barely use it

Well the guy has a youtube channel now. So there’s no doubt he’s going to gain more popularity. (wth are even the chances of this happening)

I might just change it and be done, Most of my friends don’t play OW anymore, anyways.

What’s some other username ideas?

Squidward is my idol. Do it.

1 Like

Do it if you want. I feel like i can’t really decide for you on that, because it has to be you who decides it if you want to do it or not. And also if you have better battletag names than bastionmain.

1 Like

So ive decided I want to name myself Squidward

but its not working
it says its against the name guidelines
why?

i checked and it isnt against the code of conduct

Change it to “NotBastionMain.” Never again will they confuse you for the streamer, or a Bastion main.

3 Likes

I have no clue why it isn’t working tbh, because when i looked at name suggestions that blizzard made up. There was a battletag with squid in it, so i’m not sure why it isn’t working :man_shrugging:
Do you have any other suggestions?

I mean when i picked my battletag “Wings” i focused on mercy because she’s my main, and imo when you look at mercy the first thing you notice is her wings lol.

So maybe you could try something with your main hero? Or maybe pick something about yourself? Like for example: if you like the color blue and your fave animal is a wolf why not get the battletag “BlueWolf”

Or maybe if you like a character from a tv show you like or something? Because on my other account i have the name from an anime character that i like.

I always thought you, like me, were a fan of chicken wings. Shame.

Well there is no lie that i like chicken, but i like chicken sticks.

1 Like

It worked, I changed my name to SquidwardT (instead of Squidward)
Yay!!!

Okay cool haha, i hope you will enjoy that battletag more and won’t change your mind :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I am tempted to fix my name (Capitalizing the T)

1 Like

Nah, forget the haters.

Well, too late, already changed the name :stuck_out_tongue:
People seem to like it though, so that’s nice

People get toxic over names?

Although sometimes people scream “UNCLLLLLLLLE!!!” in the chat for me, so anything is possible…I think :v: :rofl:

If you like the name, don’t change it. Who cares what other people think? But Squidward is also a fantastic name…HOWEVER it’s your name, and your 15 dollars you’re spending. So either spend it wisely, or don’t spend it at all.

2 Likes

thanks!

free name change :smiley:

1 Like

Oh lucky. I’ve changed my name about…oh God…I don’t know how many times (one of them was to correct a mere spelling error - I don’t deserve my credit card). I miss not paying for superficial things… :point_up: :grimacing:

1 Like