Short: Why is everyone so against soldier being gay

I know that it is used by blizzard. But I don’t mind, as it changes nothing in game, and they don’t wrap story too much about it. The people do make a problem out of it, not blizzard;)

1 Like

Well yeah… the majority of people are straight… also people who are for and against lgbt support straight couples…

Well what’s your angle?

It’s a devastating blow of irony for you to accuse me of attempting to complain about Soldier whereas your putting me in my own little “group”.

I don’t care that he’s gay, I was making an observation that was not the context of Jaek.

2 Likes

That you was not directed to you, more to everyone in thread :wink:

But why are you so against making existing heroes gay yet so fine with making existing heroes straight? Both sexualities are perfectly normal no matter how common they are.

3 Likes

So many winky faces.

2 Likes

Taken in the context of McCree, because there’s evidence of a relationship with Ashe.

Not actually, because Chu confirmed nothing happened between them.

8 Likes

boi, how many conservative gay soldiers have you seen in real life? don’t be naive. even if that’s what you expect society to be (which is not the point of the people’s rant, objectively nobody would believe that written in a story. feels just like the martha scene in batman v superman, bad plot. if at least would have had a build up and better execution people would have approved it.

1 Like

That’s not what I got from the short, but whatever. He probably did that to add another card to his “possible gay heroes” deck.

1 Like

I can use this one too :frowning: but that wouldn’t help, for me you seem to bother about him being gay, or why you just interpret your own version of my words for your willingness? I will ignore further accuses from you to not blow this thread with ot.

Come on, Soldier: 76 is Chris Metzen’s character. I remember the Dev Team saying that they were extra cautious when balancing Soldier: 76 because they respected Chris and didn’t want to ruin “his” character. Either Chris made him gay himself when he designed him back in 2004, or they made him gay themselves from the beginning. But they wouldn’t have taken such a controversial decision halfway just for the sake of adding another LGBT character. Sounds unbelievable to me.

LCC

You got him

20characters

There wasn’t really sarcastic implication.

Anyhow, if your going to make assumptions about something that I’ve literally never said then I think I’ll take the way out.

1 Like

Or he did it because not every female and male companions have to be banging.
Now, with this knowledge, can you answer my previous question without sounding like a homophobe?

4 Likes

In get your point, is just I complain about the need, cause it’s making gay special, which it shouldn’t be. It’s one of the reason we have that much problems as gays, it gets alienated by such need for build-up and so on

Firstly, I know nothing about politics and honestly glossed over that part of your message. Wouldn’t have originally replied if I had noticed.
Secondly, quick google search reveals that gay conservatism is apparently a thing.
Thirdly, this isn’t real life. It’s a fictional universe.

No, they wouldn’t have. The first hint at Soldier being gay would’ve been enough to make people complain exactly like they are now.
The whole point in presenting it subtly like they did was to normalise it. Being gay is completely normal, after all.

2 Likes

By the way for the gay soldiers: alot more then you think. They just need to hide or fear the reveal :wink:

1 Like

The funny thing is, we have evidence anyway.

Michael Chu tweeted that Soldier and Vincent dated and both identify as gay.

Because people liked him being a straight old man and don’t like him suddenly bedding with men as they find it gross. Simple as that. Irrational, but emotional.

2 Likes