Shop Doesn't Work on VPN

Ever since the latest update the shop and the battle pass no longer work on a VPN. Nothing will load and it will say the shop is unavailable. Additionally if you try and play a game you might be able to play one game before you get kicked off of the server. Every time I play OverWatch now I have to load the game on my standard internet before switching to the VPN in order for things to work properly.

You should reach out to the VPN provider, as this would be an issue they need to resolve for you.

This hasn’t been an issue in the past, only on the lastest update. Nothing was changed with my VPN to cause this, so the issue must be a result of something changed on the game’s end.

I highly doubt that. VPNs change routes and server locations more often than ISPs. If it works without the VPN, then you know the VPN is the problem.

I have the same issue with my VPN, which has been working in the past, and this issue has been popping up a lot lately on Reddit, so I’d hate to say it, but maybe this is on Blizzard’s end for once. It’s not like they haven’t had plenty of issues. I’m not sure why that’s so hard to admit.

I don’t work at Blizzard, but I can tell you that VPNs are not officially supported on any of their games. So if a VPN stops working with the game, it isn’t something they would look into.

Maybe people wouldn’t have to use VPN if Blizzard allowed users to manually select the server. De facto disabling that option and then claiming VPN just isn’t supported is [cencored].

In any case, this most recent balance patch they put out a few days ago fixed the issue. The shop and battle pass now load without me having to switch off my VPN.

I think that’s a fair point, since some players would be willing to wait longer for specific servers.

Glad to hear it.

I’d absolutely love to be able to avoid Singapore servers somehow. Maybe a firewall rule?

Mentioned this in the other thread, but if you block a server and it matches you there, you’ll disconnect/get the penalty.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.