Shock tire challenge after 40+ failed attempts

Definitely the first challenge to give me and my buddy a hard time. I find that it demands aim way more than the other challenges because of how many shock tires you’re dealing with. However, it is fairly easy to deal with the two bosses drops actually. Simply you have to lead them away from the door. Which unless they’re targeting Torb’s turret, is very easy to do.

And Ana is great for this challenge actually. We won with Ana, Mccree, Torbjorn, and Soldier 76. With that composition and being sure you kill the bosses farther from the door, the mode is relatively “easy”. Again though, way more demanding on the aim with how many tires that can be in play. So I would for sure consider this the hardest challenge yet.

Edit: I’m curious why some people discourage Ana and even Mccree. They’re already a part of optimal comp in normal Junkenstein expert. And I don’t think this challenge changes that.

It took me two tries and I’m plat
Don’t get me wrong it’s a challenge but it’s no where near as hard as it seems

Why would you not pick Mccree?

I see little reason to not pick him every game, and Ana is a decent alternative to Bap.

Mcree Deadeye can easily throw the game.
Kill too many Zombardier at once and the rip tire will overwhelm you

2 Likes

Fair point. But with enough communication Torb will just lay out the welcome mat when he does that.

You can always kill the zombardiers first or just position yourself so you don’t hit them. Deadeye seems too good to pass up since it can kill half the bosses alone.

Molten core at the door is also handy to stop those tires.

If your team knows what to do and that is quite rare

Deadeye can kill the gate. He kills 1 boss and 3 zombardiers, you have to deal with 4 tires at once.

1 Like

I gave up after a straight week trying to get these.
When my teams pick garbage like Hanzo and Widowmaker, and Brig. There is no point continuing.

1 Like

Did it in one take with complete randos. We just ran Cree/Torb/Ana and I don’t even remember the last one. Didn’t seem hard at all

Besides playing good and good heroes the only tip I can give is to kite the bosses off from the doors

If Hanzo can land his shots he is S tier (on PC)

I always find the challenged rather ez, take at most 3 tries.

Everytime I play there’s alway someone who play torb, I play zen for discord and his god tier support damage.

I like zen tracer torb cree

Cree ult can killed Mercy and Junk during the end fight, and do good dps
Zen can heal which is mega important, and discord just makes shock tires and bosses a walk in the park.
Torb is a god tier pick, turret, core, and overload are made to counter what ever doctor Jamison Junkenstein has to offer
Tracer can capitalise on discord, especially when its on mercy who is constantly healing hog, if mercy die hog is a sweep. She can also take care of tire and a stick on reaper is just gonna end his life, for now.

I did it with a Brig actually. I played Ashe alongside her and we were constantly knocking the tires back, alongside Soldier and Torb. The trick is to focus on enemies rather than kill anything you see. We killed them one by one.

My tip is to use McCree for bosses and get a Torb to spam Molten Core at the gates. Also place the turret at the gates (behind one of the bricks in the middle pathway as the brick can be an enviro shield).

…personally I love this mode but team mates tell me it’s stressful. :grin:

I guess they were just “tired”.

Mine took about 2-3 hours to beat because people kept killing the Reaper/Roadhog right next to the door. Finally beat it playing as Brig with a Bap, Torb, and Soldier. As Brig, your job is to lead the Reaper, Sym, and Hog away from the door and use rally, your shield, and inspire to keep yourself alive as you pummel them and CC them further towards the far end of the map. That way you team can follow up and kill the tires when they go down. Your team should be able to handle the rest of the enemies and you turn and give them armor packs occasionally if they are struggling.

This is one of the few pve modes that I genuinely believe requires a team. It just requires too much coordination with randoms. You need to be able to communicate to do it, Imo. It is not that it is hard, it is that you need do to specific things if you want that door to survive.

I got my sprays. I really enjoyed this challenge too because I think my tracking needs work and these junk tires are great practice targets.

McCree was always considered a Trap pick in the five or six lobbies I joined, just because he spawns so many junk tires if he is aiming at the whole field.

Bap and Zen are both great, but I prefer Zen personally. Just more ability to heal and focus on dealing with tires.

Torb is almost a must just because of his molten core.

Nah, McCree is super good and allows you to skip that last part of the map, basically. You just have to make sure to take out the blue ones first before committing ultimate, or obviously prepare the lava.

2 Likes

I did it with McCree, I just made sure to not include many zombardiers when giving the bosses the stink eye. Well worth it to snuff out bosses quickly so we can get back to panicking about the blue guys.

1 Like