Shock tire challenge after 40+ failed attempts

Is a little bit to unbalanced especially that when the bosses die they drop two tires and most of them still right near the door

I don’t suppose it’s to late to tune down the shock tire dmg by a little bit because the bosses that drop them are All expect reaper

Edit reaper does drop TWO tires after each death Torb is a must in this mode with well timed lava drops

7 Likes

I feel like most of these modes are really hard on console.

1 Like

Nah this isn’t just on console I think it’s just a bit poor balance

4 Likes

pve can alone be pretty hard on console, so having to play with extra challenges who are all set on expert difficulty must be a nightmare.

1 Like

I gave up on all of these expert level junkenstein challenges to be honest.
It’s not worth the stress.

2 Likes

It’s really isn’t but I finished all but this one and it sucks but if I can’t get in two days I am quit it

Edit: sucks that my 200 post is about a dumb challenge lol

Its called a “challenge” for a reason.
2 of my friends and I got it on our third try.
Here a few tipps:

• allways run Torb, Soldier and Baptiste.
  • Do never run Widow, Brigitte, Ana and espacially NOT McCree
  • Ashe is viable as bodyguard, bbecause her coachgun can boop tires away and BOB is pretty good in destroying them too
  • only bosses and the Zombardiers (the one who shot at you) drop tires. With this in mind, the teammates that have their aggro should go away from the gatehouse (espacially when targeted by Reaper or Hog)
  • Bap and Soldier should allways act together, because Baps self-heal has a pretty long cooldown
5 Likes

I been playing it for 50+ times or since it came out (lost track) but I already know everything about this challenge the only thing now is to get a GOOD team that knows the same

1 Like

Yeah these challenges have been ridiculous, i tried out the swapping heroes one and we all ended up dying cuz they swapped out our bap last minute during a reaper ult

I havent even tried the shocktire one. Seems like a nightmare considering reaper is already a nuisance. I just want a holiday event that ISNT the same old game mode just with extra added elements. Its basically still the same game mode.

1 Like

It is a night mare but the irony is I just beat it so now I have beaten all the challenges

2 Likes

You just need to kite the bosses away from the door & run Torb/Soldier/McCree/Ana. Torb ult is great vs. the tires & bosses and he has it constantly. High noon nano can be dangerous because you will spawn all the tires at once but if you have torb ult in key spots & soldier ready to helix you can take them all out (and visor targets tire)

Personally, it took me around 15 tries before I got it. Mostly because I kept picking Widow, because of her being great at destroying Shock Tires, and then someone throws cause I picked Widow. SIGH. At least I did it. WITH WIDOW TOO.

4 Likes

I got it on second try, because on first one stuff died close to the door and there was no way to kill tires.

Just position Soldier at the door and shoot down tires. It’s not hard. When you kill Zombardier just continue shooting and tire will often die as it spawns.

When things go south, Torb needs to place some lava near the door to catch tires that Soldier can’t shoot in time.

Just run Soldier, Torb, Cree and either Ana or Zenyatta

Cree plays top left like always while Soldier, Torb and Ana/Zen guard the door.

Soldier has a VERY easy time taking out the tires with his Helix Rockets.
It doesn’t even matter if a Reaper or Hog dies close to the door - just shoot a rocket at their feat and one of the tires breaks instantly and one has minimal health left.

Don’t be scared to use Deadeye on bosses with Cree, but make sure that Soldier or Torb also have their ult ready to take care of the 2+ tires that will spawn.

As Torb just use your Molten Core to cover the area around the door so no tire can make it through and put your turret on the high ground close to the door for additional protection.

Ana is better off ulting the Soldier than the Cree.
If there are many Zombardiers and or a boss is about to die, give your Soldier the extra boost to make quick work of the tires.

As Zenyatta just make sure to discord the bosses/tires and before a boss dies charge your rightclick to help with the tires.

You could also run a Brig to knock back the tires and give your teammates more time to kill them and provide some extra sturdiness for the final fight with Rally, but I feel like Ana and Zen work much better.

2 Likes

yeah - especially when people play genji… wtf

That’s why it’s so thrilling though, because it is challenging.

I managed to do it in 3 attempts on console, you absolutely need Soldier because he is the best at taking out the tires, and you absolutely need Torb’s turret, for heals you’ll want a Baptiste, for the 4th hero either take Mccree or Ashe.

I like hard PvE missions like these! can’t wait to see just how hard OW2 PvE is!

I literally did both this weeks challenges on my first go.

Torb, Zen (me), Hanzo and McCree. We wiped the floor with the Witch so fast the tires didn’t spawn.

1 Like

im on console and all the other ones I did first go.

This challenge is impossible

I played 8hrs straight doing this challenge and have failed every single time

2 Likes

People play the wrong heroes. You need a zenyatta, and 3 dps, period. When someone selects Ana, or bap, you leave and don’t waste your time.

You absolutely need a zenyatta to beat this mode. He discord’s every tire and does plenty of damage, and his healing is more than sufficient.

I got it on my 2nd try, after wasting my time paired with an Ana on my first attempt.

1 Like

I find the mystery heroes one to be harder. One of my failed attempts ended with a team of three Anas and a Widow :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like